Page 10 of 103 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: All Aboard Roehl as HC

Default Re: All Aboard Roehl as HC

Can we seriously stop with this “Tyler Roehl is not a good OC” crap? People complain about his play calling. Well, the numbers don’t lie. As the OC, he has lead teams to a 60-10 record, with 3 trips to Frisco, and 2 national championships. And correct me if I am wrong, but I think he has lead a team this year to another semifinal! He is ready. Give him his chance. Im on board the Diesel Train!!!
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    Hard nosed smash mouth football. Let’s face it, two missed field goals cost them the game. Make either one and we are not playing any more this year. He has Mt State doing good things and with better resources like NDSU has I bet he could do way better. He just lost his starting O-line to the transfer portal so he might consider moving back.
    The Cats game was closer than it should have been because of 2-3 poor defensive executions, not the O play calls.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    The Cats game was closer than it should have been because of 2-3 poor defensive executions, not the O play calls.
    Yep, all year I've been more worried about the defense side of things. The runs up the middle were particularly frustrating on some of our losses.

Only thing I would question TR on is game management? all the nuances involved with Time outs , 2 minute offense etc etc. Can he be the CEO????
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Only thing I would question TR on is game management? all the nuances involved with Time outs , 2 minute offense etc etc. Can he be the CEO????
    Wonder if he might be an upgrade from entz on that side of things.

Do you think Matt Larsen is trying to hire Tim Polasek and is using the waiver to be able to hire him?

If Polasek is hired what happens to the coaching staff?
    Hail The Bison! The March Is Still On!

Quote Originally Posted by KC_Hats View Post
    Do you think Matt Larsen is trying to hire Tim Polasek and is using the waiver to be able to hire him?

If Polasek is hired what happens to the coaching staff?
    The 10 day waiver? That would be interesting.
    Could be someone else also.

I'm kinda convinced if TR isn't announced soon, its because we are chasing other targets.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Wonder if he might be an upgrade from entz on that side of things.
    That's what I was going to say. It seems like we always struggle with clock management and time outs.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Can we seriously stop with this “Tyler Roehl is not a good OC” crap? People complain about his play calling. Well, the numbers don’t lie. As the OC, he has lead teams to a 60-10 record, with 3 trips to Frisco, and 2 national championships. And correct me if I am wrong, but I think he has lead a team this year to another semifinal! He is ready. Give him his chance. Im on board the Diesel Train!!!
    Roehl cost us the first USD game.

That said, he has been very good the last 5-6 games of the season. I’m no longer worried about Offensive playcalling, it is one of our strengths as long as the trend continues. Overall I’d like to see more plays under center and more handoffs to RBs than QB runs… I think we *could* be even better with some improvements, but I will eat crow, happily, and agree with you that he has really turned it around this year.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Roehl cost us the first USD game.

That said, he has been very good the last 5-6 games of the season. I’m no longer worried about Offensive playcalling, it is one of our strengths as long as the trend continues. Overall I’d like to see more plays under center and more handoffs to RBs than QB runs… I think we *could* be even better with some improvements, but I will eat crow, happily, and agree with you that he has really turned it around this year.
    I must admit I'm a little fuzzy on that first USD game. And so, I must ask, was it Tyler's offense that surrendered those 21 points before half?
    Don't believe everything you think.