Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Why would any kid want to be a running back at NDSU from now on?

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Why would any kid want to be a running back at NDSU from now on?

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    He would have to get through the line first and with this team it seems at least half the RB runs go right into the backs of our own line.
    5-6 senior offensive linemen that have been developed by a running backs coach for their entire career and it shows. No push. Poor pad level. No attitude. Just out there aw shucksing around rubbing tummies with the d-line.

Fuchs, Riley, and Blazek were the real deal...they were o-line coaches that knew what the fuck they were doing and didnt have to learn the position at the same time all the players they are coaching are also learning the position. Those three already knew how to coach the o-line because they cut their teeth at Nebraska Omaha or Northwest Missouri State or Winona State.

This is North Dakota State...the most dominant program in FCS history that has been known for running the ball since football was fucking created here. We should not be handing over arguably the most important position group to a guy THATS NEVER EVEN COACHED THE POSITION.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Apparently all our RBs line up at the QB position now.
    Everyone else is a blocker in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    5-6 senior offensive linemen that have been developed by a running backs coach for their entire career and it shows. No push. Poor pad level. No attitude. Just out there aw shucksing around rubbing tummies with the d-line.

Fuchs, Riley, and Blazek were the real deal...they were o-line coaches that knew what the fuck they were doing and didnt have to learn the position at the same time all the players they are coaching are also learning the position. Those three already knew how to coach the o-line because they cut their teeth at Nebraska Omaha or Northwest Missouri State or Winona State.

This is North Dakota State...the most dominant program in FCS history that has been known for running the ball since football was fucking created here. We should not be handing over arguably the most important position group to a guy THATS NEVER EVEN COACHED THE POSITION.
    Agreed and it seems like another example of those in charge(Entz in this case) assuming that because we are NDSU you can just plug someone in and they will succeed.

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Agreed and it seems like another example of those in charge(Entz in this case) assuming that because we are NDSU you can just plug someone in and they will succeed.
    Larson is one of Nielson's guys from back in the day at Duluth and took over at Eau-Claire after Nielson left for Western.

Im sure when Entz took over, Nielson gave him Larson's name. I guess it made sense at the time, a new head coach having a guy that has been a head coach on staff. The logistics of bringing in Joe Beschorner to me seemed like Entz was prepping to have someone in line for when Tyler left. He was wildly successful at Kato as OC. When Roehl leaving didnt come to fruition, coupled with AJ leaving at an inopportune time, Entz just threw Larson at that position. And it probably would have been fine for a year since all the established starters had been coached by Riley or Blaz. But it should have only been a gap year and they should have opened that position up to an actual o-line coach.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Serious question...if they see that the QB runs 15 times a game, and they will run 3-4 times, why on earth would they commit to NDSU?
    I agree... they don't get the ball enough. They mostly run A gap... which is usually bottled up. And when the offense changes personnel and formations it usually shows the opposing defense what play is coming. And they give the defense plenty of time to adjust. Zzzz

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

the last back we had go over 1k yard was 2017 bruce that cant be right can it

just wanted to point out that this post is more accurate now than ever.

played a glorified d2 team in Drake and still gave the ball to the QB's 20 times.

if i'm a RB, i'm staying as far away from NDSU as possible.

I'm just a simple man, but I don't think it's a good recipe for success long term...or even mid term.

If you are a good RB and you come to NDSU, your best outcome is 6-7 carries against good teams, and then get your 9-10 carries against d2 type teams in a blowout.

just wanted to point out that this post is more accurate now than ever.
    You want to be right about things and let us know about it? Color me surprised…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    You want to be right about things and let us know about it? Color me surprised…
    so, I was right?

Thanks bud!

so, I was right?

Thanks bud!
    Yeah I agree with this groundbreaking material. Congrats.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery