Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Has Lost the Most Mojo?

Default Re: Who Has Lost the Most Mojo?

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    I've also emailed Larson in the past, and never received one reply.
    I sent an email. I received a reply. I disagreed….. and sent a second email.
    Sometimes I wonder if it wouldn’t be beneficial to email some of the Teammakers who are large donors and influential?

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    I sent an email. I received a reply. I disagreed….. and sent a second email.
    Sometimes I wonder if it wouldn’t be beneficial to email some of the Teammakers who are large donors and influential?
    Since most are just hearing silence, interested in what they said.
    Was it a reasonable response, dismissive, or argumentative?

What I wonder sometimes is do they have Ivory Tower mentality, and just not care about fan concerns.
    Or think 99% of people are happy, and all is well.

LefseBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The really, really smart and successful Athletic Directors and coaches understand this very basic fact. FANS are a huge part of the sports equation. Making an effort to truly listen to them, respond and make adjustments were what set Gene Taylor apart from the current AD and football coaches. The fact that it is so difficult for the current guys to understand just blows my mind.

Ive had one interaction with ML and it was over the phone. It was in regards to Lance-locker room issues.

At first he asked some question about my back ground at NDSU. THen he launched in to a pre-written script that didnt allow for any input from me. When he finally finished he rambled through my attempt to say something in rebuttle and hung up.

He obviously had a lot of phone calls to make from what Ive heard.

I also had numerous conversations with GT. He never made excuses and always asked what could be done to make the situation better.
    He was also very funny when describing some of the idiot fan behavior. Its like--he did what???????? LOL LOL
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

LefseBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    The really, really smart and successful Athletic Directors and coaches understand this very basic fact. FANS are a huge part of the sports equation. Making an effort to truly listen to them, respond and make adjustments were what set Gene Taylor apart from the current AD and football coaches. The fact that it is so difficult for the current guys to understand just blows my mind.
    And just because fans are not speaking up does not mean they are happy with the status quo. Perhaps Sports Administration thinks so but it is possible the fans have just given up expressing opinions because they get nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    And just because fans are not speaking up does not mean they are happy with the status quo. Perhaps Sports Administration thinks so but it is possible the fans have just given up expressing opinions because they get nowhere.
    Ive always felt if you can bitch here you can also send it to NDSU. When suggesting this Iam continually told----ITS NOT MY JOB!!!!! With that thought in mind I would say we have a bunch of people who just like to bitch. What is good to know is its a very small minority of Bison Nation as a whole.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don't think I have enough zeros at the end of my check, nor do I have the athletics background at NDSU, to waste their time with my opinions. That said, everything sucks, fire everybody, knock over the Dome, and let's party like we used to during the early days of the run.
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleBorn View Post
    I don't think I have enough zeros at the end of my check, nor do I have the athletics background at NDSU, to waste their time with my opinions. That said, everything sucks, fire everybody, knock over the Dome, and let's party like we used to during the early days of the run.
    This is where you would be wrong.

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm by no means a huge donor. I've emailed Matt Larson twice, answered both times and followed up by calling me. Just my 2 cents.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    This is where you would be wrong.
    Maybe, and I'm actually not bitching about anyone in particular. I did reach out once asking about licensing for a flag with my current home state and the NDSU logo over top of it. The next year, they went with those badass TM stickers in the shape of our states, so I'm going to claim credit. On a serious note, I don't know the answers. It feels like we're in a position where people are bored when we win and ashamed to attend when we lose a couple. I don't know how you fix that.
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.