Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Matt Entz

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Matt Entz

Quote Originally Posted by BisonCardinal View Post
    Beginning to think we have our Dave Richman of the football program. Wins enough to keep his job, and never gets hired away as we bask in slightly above average results.
    100% agree with this. We will not win another championship with ME, TR, and Larson running the ship...
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    #babich2.0
    Well it's not like Entz has his kid and his kids friends on the football roster eh.

Wait.

Toxic!

Lardsin must go!

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Well it's not like Entz has his kid and his kids friends on the football roster eh.

Wait.

Toxic!
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

I was late to the game because I thought it started at 2* so I did not witness the first 1.5 quarters, but the only conclusion I can come to regarding the second half is that Entz coached it to prove or disprove the efficacy of the original game plan, not to win the game. And given his documented stubbornness and his post-game comments on “not built for that”, I can only think of one reason why he would do that.

* Apparently the players did too

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    100% agree with this. We will not win another championship with ME, TR, and Larson running the ship...
    Sad but true.

I clean out the AD office. all of them. Bring back NDSU GUYS. not east coast pussies. it's obviously permeated into the football program unfortunately.

she's available! lol
    https://x.com/PeakSportsMGMT/status/...212951466?s=20

I have zero feelings b4 a game that these players can run thru a brick wall , soft as baby shit.

Time for Entz/Roehl/Goeser to right this ship or step aside.
    Last edited by El_Chapo; 10-02-2023 at 02:15 PM.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    I was late to the game because I thought it started at 2* so I did not witness the first 1.5 quarters, but the only conclusion I can come to regarding the second half is that Entz coached it to prove or disprove the efficacy of the original game plan, not to win the game. And given his documented stubbornness and his post-game comments on “not built for that”, I can only think of one reason why he would do that.

* Apparently the players did too
    Not built for that? What the hell is Entz talking about. We have plenty of weapons and our Oline can't pass block when teams expect it? Or our passing scheme sucks so when we get down we are screwed? If he feels that way that says a lot about Entz and his staff.

Maybe when we are playing these creme puffs we should be running hurry up offense and working on it to improve. Just a thought....

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    Not built for that? What the hell is Entz talking about. We have plenty of weapons and our Oline can't pass block when teams expect it? Or our passing scheme sucks so when we get down we are screwed? If he feels that way that says a lot about Entz and his staff.

Maybe when we are playing these creme puffs we should be running hurry up offense and working on it to improve. Just a thought....

But, but, but that would put those plays on tape so that other teams could see it. We certainly don't want that.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    [/I][/B]

But, but, but that would put those plays on tape so that other teams could see it. We certainly don't want that.
    They don't even put it on tape at practice.

Lardsin must go!

Maybe Entz will announce that he's taking a leave of absence to heal his obvious vocal cord issues. Perhaps all of the coaching issues we see are a result of no one being able to hear or understand him when he whisper-yells through his gravely, nodule coated throat?

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    This is largely where I'm at. We need to make improvements, but you can't justify canning a guy with championships unless things get real ugly. Maybe if we didn't make the playoffs a couple years or had early exits it would be legitimate. Losing in Frisco isn't a firable offense.

IF we ever replaced Entz, I would want a guy who knows our system, and would keep it mostly intact. That system has been successful and won us a LOT of titles over multiple coaching changes.

We won this last game on TOP and yardage. Had enough points to win a lot of games. It's the defense that needs repair imo. We might have to look for a new DC if it doesn't get better soon.
    What even is our system anymore? Sure doesn't look like the power west coast/tampa 2 system that built the FCS dynasty. Bring back the Pat Perles/Brent Vigen Power West Coast system a la 2005-2013