Page 299 of 340 FirstFirst ... 199249289297298299300301309 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 2,990 of 3392

Thread: The NEW & IMPROVED Trey Lance Thread

Default Re: The NEW & IMPROVED Trey Lance Thread

Why is it that there is always something wrong with the team that a ex bison qb struggles on
    Let’s be honest trey played one season of fcs football he got paid he has done well
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Sam Darnold is a less than 60% passer that throws a bunch of interceptions. Justin Fields is a 50% passer that is more of a running back. Trey Lance got caught up in the hype and left school way too early (he needed to stay in school and become a better passer) but got drafted very high and has made some money. Lance is unknown in the NFL but it sounds like the 49ers aren't going to be the team where he succeeds.
    Hail The Bison! The March Is Still On!

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KC_Hats View Post
    Sam Darnold is a less than 60% passer that throws a bunch of interceptions. Justin Fields is a 50% passer that is more of a running back. Trey Lance got caught up in the hype and left school way too early (he needed to stay in school and become a better passer) but got drafted very high and has made some money. Lance is unknown in the NFL but it sounds like the 49ers aren't going to be the team where he succeeds.
    If you are going to be a first round draft pick and especially a top 10 pick you don't hesitate. Sometimes it doesn't work out, but that is not a hard decision.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Trey down in Lakes Area this weekend. looking happy! !
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Did a quick search on Lance and there seems to be hype building for him to start.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    If you are going to be a first round draft pick and especially a top 10 pick you don't hesitate. Sometimes it doesn't work out, but that is not a hard decision.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    If you are that much of a sure shot, staying an extra year in school doesn't kill your prospects. Going in the middle or end of the 1st round means you go to a stable team. We are talking about generational money now vs taking a risk of falling to later rounds/ injury. I think the hard decision comes from most of your money is going to be made after the 1st contract. Going unprepared can throw you out of the NFL in 2 years like Paxton Lynch. Trey is also risking something like this though I think it's improbable.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    Did a quick search on Lance and there seems to be hype building for him to start.
    Doubtful, even if I'd love it to happen. Purdy will start this year, almost definitely. He's practicing well and was pretty unflappable during games last year. What he lacks in talent/skill is totally overcome by his demeanor. My guess is that it'll take an injury to sit him.
    Insert something clever here...

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Personally, I don’t really think there is enough information to evaluate Lance’s career one way or the other, but if you are a projected top 5 pick, you take the money. A simple injury during another college year could lose you tens of millions of dollars regardless of play.

Lance has made significant improvements based on training camp reports, but I don’t think there is a way for him to “win” the job in training camp unless Purdy gets injured or stinks worse than Zach Wilson. That isn’t a knock on Trey. It is a testament to what Purdy did last year. Purdy played well and earned more time before his injury. Lance did not get the opportunity to earn more time, because his injury occurred too early in the season. His full start was a monsoon game that can hardly be used to evaluate much due to weather conditions.

I don’t think the 49ers are at fault for anything here. Trey is a victim of circumstances. He missed his first shot to really take control of the team due to injury. I suspect he will get a second chance if he continues to put in the work.

Update: The #49ers are starting QB Trey Lance, for Week 1 of pre-season against the #Raiders, according to Kyle Shanahan.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?