Page 1096 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 965969961046108610941095109610971098110611461196 ... LastLast
Results 10,951 to 10,960 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

In the MW, it is about the amount of the exit fee..The June date is the end of the fiscal year and the start of a new year. If a school leaves with 1 year's notice the exit fee is 33 million. If there is two years notice it is 16.5. I don't think there is a GOR clause but don't quote me on that. If SDSU or anyone else might leave, they can start the clock in this fiscal year instead of the next.

I do think SDSU is leaving but maybe not until 25 or 26..

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    In the MW, it is about the amount of the exit fee..The June date is the end of the fiscal year and the start of a new year. If a school leaves with 1 year's notice the exit fee is 33 million. If there is two years notice it is 16.5. I don't think there is a GOR clause but don't quote me on that. If SDSU or anyone else might leave, they can start the clock in this fiscal year instead of the next.

I do think SDSU is leaving but maybe not until 25 or 26..
    Ok, the logic makes sense.

A lot of times those exit fees get negotiated/restructured after an announcement is made though, and the revenue increase at a P5 conference can still make the early exit worthwhile.

Eg: If SDSU could negotiate to pay the 33m over 2-3 years, while increasing their payout from $4m -> $30m yearly, it might make sense to leave asap. And even if not negotiable, it may make sense with that type of revenue increase for them to raise funds or finance a move quicker.

It would cost them an additional $16.5 mil to leave a year early, but that is potentially offset by $26m in additional revenue that year. In other words, the financials suggest they should leave early IF the PAC/B12 media deals continue to pay at least $30m or more. The early move would net them approx $10m more that year, even with the exit fee.

If SDSU gets an invitation to the Pac or Big 12, they will accept and figure out the exit fee. The MW may be flexible as they have never made much of a stink about schools jumping up. I think the high fees are in place to make a sideways move to the AAC more costly

If SDSU gets an invitation to the Pac or Big 12, they will accept and figure out the exit fee. The MW may be flexible as they have never made much of a stink about schools jumping up. I think the high fees are in place to make a sideways move to the AAC more costly
    Sure, agree a sideways move doesn't make much sense. I don't think that's too likely even if they had the money.

There's a lot of recent precedent for the structure of early exits to be negotiated. AAC did this with UCF, Cincinnati, Houston when they left. As I recall, they are paying a bunch for early exit, but its spread over a long period of time. It becomes easy for the departing schools to pay due to B12 revenue.

A few years back CSU and AFA wanted to jump to the AAC. They would be there now but they wanted the AAC to pay the exit fees to the MW. The AAC said no thanks.

A few years back CSU and AFA wanted to jump to the AAC. They would be there now but they wanted the AAC to pay the exit fees to the MW. The AAC said no thanks.
    Interesting. I thought it was presented in the media as CSU and AFA said no thanks to AAC. Perhaps that was spin.

Mutual decision would be my guess..SDSU and Boise said no too..

https://twitter.com/JackIllustrated/...25546363736064

I would say this is good news for NDSU fans that want FBS, which I would guess is most at this point

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    https://twitter.com/JackIllustrated/...25546363736064

I would say this is good news for NDSU fans that want FBS, which I would guess is most at this point
    that's cute. maybe SDSU should win a championship or two before they start feeling too cool for school
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    that's cute. maybe SDSU should win a championship or two before they start feeling too cool for school
    Pretty sure that's their plan, since they're not super bullish about a move
    Don't think they can afford it right now, TBH
    But at least the "basketball school" is talking about it
    If there is any Dakota school that we are "tied at the hip to", it is SDSU
    They set a good bar athletically

But FB-only is the future of FBS, IMO, so on that point I disagree with them, fwiw