Page 158 of 170 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 1693

Thread: Summit Expansion?

Default Re: Summit Expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I root for the Gophers in hockey. They are my team by default
    Nah this doesn’t have to be the default. St Cloud St, if you need a happy medium and you hate Gopher fans (which we all should)…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

I would never support hockey if it means taking from othet sports. But if we could raise money and increase other sports budgets, I'm on board. Plus throw in an on campus arena within a few years
    I'd just use Scheels unless the program outgrew it. I dont think it would run into the same apathy the basketball team did when they played down there.
    College of Business Alumnus

VanClubPres is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I'd just use Scheels unless the program outgrew it. I dont think it would run into the same apathy the basketball team did when they played down there.
    What apathy? At least those games, while limited in total attendance, had a good crowd most nights. Most of the Mens games this year outside the premier games I could hear people knitting two sections away.
    To the Herd!!!!

I would never support hockey if it means taking from othet sports. But if we could raise money and increase other sports budgets, I'm on board. Plus throw in an on campus arena within a few years
    Re-task Fargodome (north half hockey, I believe there are tubes for ice in the floor already; south half concert venue) after Chapo builds the new football stadium with a retractable roof at the downtown campus. Easy-peasy.

Quote Originally Posted by VanClubPres View Post
    What apathy? At least those games, while limited in total attendance, had a good crowd most nights. Most of the Mens games this year outside the premier games I could hear people knitting two sections away.
    Right, but student attendance collapsed during the time at Scheels. The BSA was a dump and all, but at least students showed up.

I think I can count on one hand how many times me and the boys made it down to Scheels to watch.
    College of Business Alumnus

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think the idea is that the money isn't coming in for basketball so it's tough to allocate money to it. But yes, I'm with you
    Typically the investment comes before the return but what do I know.

Right, but student attendance collapsed during the time at Scheels. The BSA was a dump and all, but at least students showed up.

I think I can count on one hand how many times me and the boys made it down to Scheels to watch.
    Students aren’t really showing up to all the home games now either. Only SDSU and when ORU was undefeated.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Students aren’t really showing up ...
    This is this (social media) generation; this is the new normal.

If NDSU added hockey, would they play at the Scheels Arena across town? I think the Fargodome was built piping under the north end for a potential hockey tenant.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    This is this (social media) generation; this is the new normal.
    In the days of yore when I was a student, the entertainment scene in Fargo was athletics, movies, bowling, renting movies, maybe one decent concert per year, and getting drunk. (Not necessarily in that order.)

Edit. We did still drag Broadway when that was a big deal until we were old enough to hit the bars.
    It's OK to not be OK.