Page 66 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Recruiting Updates

Default Re: 2023 Recruiting Updates

so Bruin/Jay

DONT BE SNARKY here's the legitimate question. do you think everyone is banking on the Transfer Portal window upcoming?

following this for 10+ years religiously, don't you feel that the offers these HS kids are getting just aren't there like they used to be? its very odd.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    so Bruin/Jay

DONT BE SNARKY here's the legitimate question. do you think everyone is banking on the Transfer Portal window upcoming?

following this for 10+ years religiously, don't you feel that the offers these HS kids are getting just aren't there like they used to be? its very odd.
    Watch Hot Mic with Izzo. Entz will be on there today around 10:35. Guessing he will give us some information on their plan for the portal.

mtoutfitter is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Hey! Scottie did some good scouting at that New Salem game!!!
    OL AJ Heins signs today
    Way to go Scottie....Woo Hoo!
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

OL AJ Heins signs today
    Good wrestler. Definitely a project. We need to work on the Okeson kid from Bishop Ryan now, but he’ll probably get NIL money from a P5.

OL AJ Heins signs today
    Aren’t we all at least A LITTLE worried that barn meth may or may not have been used as questionable bargaining chip in this transaction?
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

mtoutfitter is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I've never seen ndsu with so many competing d2 offers/flips or d3's in 10+ years in a recruiting class.

only a couple players w FBS offers. a lot of PWOs.

Duffie Brown Pickett have a couple after that..woof
    Of course he forgets to mention Myers, Lewienski and Wilson with FBS offers, as well as Taylor and Hendricks, who were offered by most everyone in the Valley.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

so Bruin/Jay

Why are you so hung up on offers? JFC some of the best players we have ever had only had D2 offers! Some of the kids with the best offers didn't do shit here either! It's a complete crap shoot when you're dealing with these kids. My guess is a lot of teams don't have the available scholarships because of the extra covid year being allowed.

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

so Bruin/Jay

This is my personal opinion, I am hoping we get some splashy transfers in the upcoming window.

Recruiting evolves and changes. The last 3 years have added a huge wrinkle. The +1 covid year is a challenge navigating roster management. The transfer portal, and when players transfer, are gigantic variables. When you have 2 late transfers, it's hard to find replacements for them this late in the recruiting cycle (hence flipping D2 recruits - doesn't mean they're bad players!). I love the D2 transfers we are getting or have gotten. This is a path for us to continue to on.

The success of NDSU, and the local recruiting area has also effected us. Where we used to get PWO's, we're now having to offer scholly's. Or they're being recruited by P5 schools. Do things look different today than 5 years ago, absolutely. We're in an environment right now that is evolving fast and frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Any word on this kid?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    This is my personal opinion, I am hoping we get some splashy transfers in the upcoming window.

Recruiting evolves and changes. The last 3 years have added a huge wrinkle. The +1 covid year is a challenge navigating roster management. The transfer portal, and when players transfer, are gigantic variables. When you have 2 late transfers, it's hard to find replacements for them this late in the recruiting cycle (hence flipping D2 recruits - doesn't mean they're bad players!). I love the D2 transfers we are getting or have gotten. This is a path for us to continue to on.

The success of NDSU, and the local recruiting area has also effected us. Where we used to get PWO's, we're now having to offer scholly's. Or they're being recruited by P5 schools. Do things look different today than 5 years ago, absolutely. We're in an environment right now that is evolving fast and frequently.
    Yea I think I nailed it. Good Chat & reply Jay.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?