Page 1034 of 1366 FirstFirst ... 34534934984102410321033103410351036104410841134 ... LastLast
Results 10,331 to 10,340 of 13656

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Slide 11, sub-bullet 3: "Athletics budget reductions"

NDSU Pres. Cook put this out to your campus earlier today.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    Slide 11, sub-bullet 3: "Athletics budget reductions"

NDSU Pres. Cook put this out to your campus earlier today.
    Can’t Teammakers make up the difference? I’m not worried about athletics. I’m also confused what programs they are cutting?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    I wonder if the state land grant institution for a state with a massive labor shortage and a university that only cares about online degrees have different missions?
    The biggest market aint 18 year olds anymore. It's in state, older than average students who need a degree for that job. Maybe someone who started but never finished. It's the people that have jobs and kids, where its difficult to go on campus. Actually if we market, it could bring workers here from Minnesota, Montana and South Dakota. Its a great opportunity to market for jobs that offer tuition reimbursment if they can do it online

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    Can’t Teammakers make up the difference? I’m not worried about athletics. I’m also confused what programs they are cutting?
    And there’s the Elephant in the room. In the last many years, TMs have paid more for seats under the auspices of TM fees, and financed FCOA. What more are we capable of financially, especially give Biden economics. We, or at least me, are kinda taxed out. I’ve given enough to way out for my scholarship dollars (thank you payback for what I recieved. The real question is whether the “new age” peeps will do their things to keep the FB PROGAM going. I have my serious doubts that they will/
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    What this says to me is any move to FBS has to be 100% slam dunk financially. In my mind that means AAC or MWC only at the G5 level. And even there, they will probably have to crunch the numbers and build the case for it.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    And there’s the Elephant in the room. In the last many years, TMs have paid more for seats under the auspices of TM fees, and financed FCOA. What more are we capable of financially, especially give Biden economics. We, or at least me, are kinda taxed out. I’ve given enough to way out for my scholarship dollars (thank you payback for what I recieved. The real question is whether the “new age” peeps will do their things to keep the FB PROGAM going. I have my serious doubts that they will/
    Kids these days.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

https://www.valleynewslive.com/2023/...-two-colleges/

34.5 jobs (faculty?) being cut, along with two colleges, though it sounds like some of the programs from those colleges may be scaled back and merged into other colleges.

We, or at least me, are kinda taxed out.
    Isn't that what DB implied in that transcribed radio interview where he said he's not sure how much more NDSU fans could raise.

Details of the targets and cuts are in that 20+ slide deck I linked (above).
    Dr. Cook's letter to campus is in the "NDUS Budgets" thread at that site with the name that shall not be spoken. (Y'all can copy/paste here if you choose.)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    Isn't that what DB implied in that transcribed radio interview where he said he's not sure how much more NDSU fans could raise.

Details of the targets and cuts are in that 20+ slide deck I linked (above).
    Dr. Cook's letter to campus is in the "NDUS Budgets" thread at that site with the name that shall not be spoken. (Y'all can copy/paste here if you choose.)
    He did but you also have to consider how much fundraising will fall if things stagnate further. I don't believe the current state is sustainable. Green and growing or ripe and dying again. The problem is there is no easy answer.

I am now convinced they are looking hard at it and would accept a fb only invite if offered. If being a key word in the sentence.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I do agree that there is only so much that the current members of Team Makers can give and it is completely unrealistic to expect the current membership to keep upping their giving amounts. It would really be nice if we could find a way to increase the engagement of the "typical" fan at the lower levels of Team Makers. I understand that a majority of the real dollars come from the bigger donors but if the numbers increased at the $100, $250 & $500 levels significantly it would definitely add up and it would also get people into the fold and hopefully their small donations would increase over time more. I don't have any ideas to do that, just dreaming about a situation in which the overall membership was double or triple what it is now. Increasing the membership that much might also encourage the larger corporate donors to give more and promote their membership more given the larger overall numbers engaged in the group and the realization that their membership might be valued by more potential customers of theirs being involved. Only so much that you can do to get new members, but a guy can dream.