Page 84 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Verbal: Cole Payton

Default Re: 2021 Verbal: Cole Payton

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Ive never liked rotating skill players. The more they get the ball the better they get. They find that groove and become the hot hand. You lose what there D is doing. I guess thats why you need a OC to tell you? When you are on the field you can figure out how to beat your opponent. And you know that.
    Agree. Watching Vikes right now. Don’t see all this platooning.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    And how much better did Cam get this year?
    He was decent. Need to get him consistent looks.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Don't believe Hedberg recruited Wentz or Stick to NDSU as he wasn't here when those guys committed. Klieman brought him on staff when he got the head job. Trey leaving early was unfortunate but Cam did a decent job as a true freshman and sophomore. I expected more from him this season but not sure how much we can put on him or the staff. Definitely need improvement from all of them next season!

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    How many games did we have this year to allow for mop up duty? I honestly don’t recall.
    4 possible I’d say...
    Drake 56-14 final. Believe game he threw pick. Don’t believe he attempted another pass?
    NC AT&T. 43-3 final
    Western Ill. 56-17 final
    Ill. State. 24-7

But gotta say....once they switched out Quincy P....same pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by sbark View Post
    4 possible I’d say...
    Drake 56-14 final. Believe game he threw pick. Don’t believe he attempted another pass?
    NC AT&T. 43-3 final
    Western Ill. 56-17 final
    Ill. State. 24-7

But gotta say....once they switched out Quincy P....same pattern.
    For this past season Cole Peyton only had the one interception in the SDSU game. He was 8 of 12 in passing. He ran 38 times for 7.5 yards per carry. Much better average per carry than Cam. And passing completion percentage slightly better than Cam.
    Last edited by SDbison; 01-16-2023 at 02:16 AM.

Cole Peyton only had the one interception in the SDSU game. He was 8 of 12 in passing. He ran 38 times for 7.5 yards per carry. Much better average per carry than Cam. And passing completion percentage slightly better than Cam.
    Have you seen his calves bro, eh?

He was decent. Need to get him consistent looks.
    Cam's passing stats were slightly down when compared to last year (less TDs, more INTs, less completion percentage). His rushing yards about doubled, increasing an average of 18 more yards per game. The passing game was less consistent this year and was a big factor why the Bison offense often struggled and became one dimensional and very predictable!

Cam's passing stats were slightly down when compared to last year (less TDs, more INTs, less completion percentage). His rushing yards about doubled, increasing an average of 18 more yards per game. The passing game was less consistent this year and was a big factor why the Bison offense often struggled and became one dimensional and very predictable!
    Not sure I’d blame the passing stats on came. We had Watson last year.

And let’s not forget how bad the D was.
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Not sure I’d blame the passing stats on came. We had Watson last year.

And let’s not forget how bad the D was.
    Still need to work with what you got. That's why I think it's both a coaching and Cam problem. 1 of 12 in a game where most of the passes were not even close is what I remember. I really hope our coaches invigorate our passing game for next year. Assuming Cam will start we will see then how he does. If Cam not able to get the job done then Cole should start.

Should be a full fledged competition for the starting job this spring and let the best player win. Cam regressed this season IMO, he has had plenty of opportunity to improve his game time to put up or shut up as they say. Of course the other players and coaches need to improve their game as well!