Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Something that has been bothering me since yesterday is Entz comment about getting off the field on 3rd down. And now the media laps that up as well. Umm, how about 1st and 2nd down? The defense was atrocious all day except the one possession where we had them backed up. And I’m afraid next year will be worse.

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Disagree with this.

SDSU is much healthier and they have better coaches. NDSU healthy with better coaching and I feel confident it would have been an NDSU win.
    Great take there!
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

We have won 9 Championships since 2011. Nine. We could have lost a few of those along the way...but we pulled them out. We were in trouble with injuries and lost in the semis to a very good James Madison team. This year, we really had a down year and made it to the championship still. SDSU was loaded. We were missing loads of talent due to injury and transfer. Even with that, I would think SDSU was still better this year. This loss stings about as much as I think it could...but we just can't win it all every single year.

Personally, I think this year showed a lack of focus on fundamentals...mainly defense...wrap up tackling. I don't think the LB core recovered from losing Cox. On offense, we have had two wide receivers in recent history that were difference makers...and we didn't have one this year. Really hoping some of our redshirts pan out. I've always wondered why a really good receiver would ever want to come here anyway. Losing Gindorf again really sucked. I'm really tired of the running back by committee through the season.

This was a down year...feels a lot like 2016. Really sucks...especially since it is to the Jacks...but life will go on. I'll still take our 9 vs their 1.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    We lack stars and impact players. You know, a player where you think wow, that's a big time player.

You know, like a Jabril Cox, Christian Watson, Trey Lance, Nick DeLuca, John Crockett, Kyle Emmanual. etc. Who are the stars next year?
    Where are the Colton Heagles? Couple mean guys in the locker room. These guys seem a little too nice. Like a peaceful river.

I like that.

Not a great NDSU follower here, but items Phil Hanson on radio and CAS here have been pointing out all season were overtly exposed yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    Not a great NDSU follower here, but items Phil Hanson on radio and CAS here have been pointing out all season were overtly exposed yesterday.
    Really? Then why are you here all the time?

I guess when there's shit on the ground, the flies come around, since that's what they eat

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    We have won 9 Championships since 2011. Nine. We could have lost a few of those along the way...but we pulled them out. We were in trouble with injuries and lost in the semis to a very good James Madison team. This year, we really had a down year and made it to the championship still. SDSU was loaded. We were missing loads of talent due to injury and transfer. Even with that, I would think SDSU was still better this year. This loss stings about as much as I think it could...but we just can't win it all every single year.

Personally, I think this year showed a lack of focus on fundamentals...mainly defense...wrap up tackling. I don't think the LB core recovered from losing Cox. On offense, we have had two wide receivers in recent history that were difference makers...and we didn't have one this year. Really hoping some of our redshirts pan out. I've always wondered why a really good receiver would ever want to come here anyway. Losing Gindorf again really sucked. I'm really tired of the running back by committee through the season.

This was a down year...feels a lot like 2016. Really sucks...especially since it is to the Jacks...but life will go on. I'll still take our 9 vs their 1.
    A healthy 2016 team is much better than this one.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Personally, I think this year showed a lack of focus on fundamentals...mainly defense...wrap up tackling.
    While there was a problem with tackling, a lot of that was caused by having players not being in position to make clean tackles in the first place - overrunning plays, not defending from the inside out, LBs physically outmatched by the other team's WRs, etc. I mean, we were already putting our secondary in a bad spot by not getting to the QB, but it was made much worse by having them also be responsible for making tackles against the run too.

Daily reminder that the J in JMU actually stands for Juiced.

And the M for Anabolic.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    A healthy 2016 team is much better than this one.
    I would agree. I really hope a focus on fundamentals is stressed. And that we can stop the transfer bleeding.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]