Page 243 of 340 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245253293 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,430 of 3392

Thread: The NEW & IMPROVED Trey Lance Thread

Default Re: The NEW & IMPROVED Trey Lance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    How does getting traded change how long he's played competitive football?

The 49ers are set up so well my mom could lead them to the playoffs. Isn't that the perfect situation for someone who's learning the ropes?
    I think Trey needs real time game reps. I dont see how he can replace Brock when Brock is leading this team to the playoffs. If he stays with the 49ers he will be riding the bench until Brock gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    https://www.si.com/nfl/49ers/news/ky...be-next-season

I dont see any future for Trey with 49ers.
    Makes sense. Trey is coming off a major injury, has a very small game tape, and hasn't show any ability that he can play QB in the NFL.

Brock has a chance to grab on to the position for the forseeable future. He may not be able to do it, but if he plays well into the playoffs I don't see how they go to Trey as the starter next year.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The 49ers aren't going to suddenly turn away QB1 and QB2 because QB3 played well.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    The 49ers aren't going to suddenly turn away QB1 and QB2 because QB3 played well.
    QB1 Jimmy G is gone. He auditioned for his next gig. He showed more than enough that he can play. QB3 is taking them to the playoffs , if they reach SuperBowl with QB3 they are not going to replace him with Trey next year.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    QB1 Jimmy G is gone. He auditioned for his next gig. He showed more than enough that he can play. QB3 is taking them to the playoffs , if they reach SuperBowl with QB3 they are not going to replace him with Trey next year.
    They had a QB that could get them to the playoffs before they drafted Trey
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

They had a QB that could get them to the playoffs before they drafted Trey
    That's actually a really good point.

Jimmy G is fine, but he missed some very easy throws in the SB and it cost them. The 49ers, along with the Eagles, probably have the best roster outside of the QB in the league and that makes their floor super high. It seems as though they drafted Trey to raise their ceiling, which makes it interesting to see how they proceed.

Purdy can play, but I haven't seen enough to say he a difference maker at QB yet. He's shown he is starter caliber with elite weapons and a very good OL around him, but I doubt he has the skills to become a top 10 QB if the supporting cast breaks down. He looks like he can operate well with a great team around him, but can he elevate the team when things aren't going well or the roster around him declines?

Trey didn't look bad, but he didn't look great. He's played in so few high caliber games and done so little quarterbacking that he was always going to need some time to hone his prodigious physical skills. If I'm SF, I'd probably still roll with Trey next year, knowing I have a cheap, very capable backup on hand.

Jimmy G is gone, hes too expensive to keep. They probably need to see what they have in Trey after spending 3 firsts on him. If they win the Super Bowl with Purdy, then thats a different convo.

He obviously didn't make the wrong decision when he was the #3 overall pick but it's sure starting to look like Trey's pro career would be in a better spot right now had he stuck around at NDSU another year. Would've given him ~25 more games (barring injury) in calendar year 2021 to refine his game and he would've been the clear cut #1 QB prospect in the 2021 draft.

Of course that's the selfish side of me reasoning that out.... but think about this - since January 2020 Brock Purdy has thrown 971 passes in games (including preseason) while Trey has thrown 189.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sooooooo, uh, I'll probably get slayed for this...

I like Trey alot and will always root for him even when you guys are all failing him down the road. But, holy shit, what's not to like about the story of Mr. Irrelevant 2022 leading his team deep into the playoffs during his rooking fucking season. That's the stuff of movie magic. I kinda wanna see it.
    Insert something clever here...

This is deja vu all over again. The team may not want to play for Trey , last year Deebo wanted to follow Jimmy , George Kittle was mysteriously injured beginning of the season and started playing when Jimmy was the QB. There may be a locker room turmoil if Trey starts next year. If he is still on the team it will be best for the team if he is on the bench but thats not going to help Trey.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Jimmy G is gone, hes too expensive to keep. They probably need to see what they have in Trey after spending 3 firsts on him. If they win the Super Bowl with Purdy, then thats a different convo.
    Jimmy G is worth atleast $20 million/year and 49ers got him on an approximately $6 million/year contract this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    He obviously didn't make the wrong decision when he was the #3 overall pick but it's sure starting to look like Trey's pro career would be in a better spot right now had he stuck around at NDSU another year. Would've given him ~25 more games (barring injury) in calendar year 2021 to refine his game and he would've been the clear cut #1 QB prospect in the 2021 draft.

Of course that's the selfish side of me reasoning that out.... but think about this - since January 2020 Brock Purdy has thrown 971 passes in games (including preseason) while Trey has thrown 189.
    You cant buy a lottery ticket after the numbers are drawn. Trey or anybody could not predict what would have or could have. He made the best decision at that time.