Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: It's the Word versus the Herd!

Default Re: It's the Word versus the Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    What are the chances they move this game to Saturday? Would they have mercy on a team getting in morning of the day of game for a national semifinal? Or would ESPN have the ultimate influence.
    I just wonder why UIW didn't fly out yesterday....see the crappy forecast and be proactive to ensure they're up here without issue. But, with it being the playoffs and the NCAA paying for/chartering the Allegiant flight, maybe they didn't even have that choice? Nobody ever accused the NCAA geniuses of having common sense.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    Of the 12,000 butts in the stands last Friday, how many will become big dollar donors? Almost none. You are correct about the focus on big dollar donors, that is the easiest path for NDSU admin. The big dollar donors make the NDSU football experience for the little guy, not the other way around. The same way golf fell out of favor at the end of Tiger's run and has now begun to see a rise in popularity; college football will go through the same experience. College administrators have no say in how that unfolds.
    I disagree. Example is my company I work for. We do both. We have a lot of very big VIP type accounts. But we have thousands of smaller accounts as well. Having both in my territory allows me to be very successful. I have been doing this for over 20 years. I have seen guy who just go after and have large accounts. When they lose one they take a massive hit. Raising money I would do it the same way. When you grow out smaller donors over an extended period of time that not only helps the bottom line but helps grow the fan base.

Again I totally get why you want and chase big money. I'm just saying I think NDSU does a poor job with the rest of the donors. Again my opinion with my experiences.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    I disagree. Example is my company I work for. We do both. We have a lot of very big VIP type accounts. But we have thousands of smaller accounts as well. Having both in my territory allows me to be very successful. I have been doing this for over 20 years. I have seen guy who just go after and have large accounts. When they lose one they take a massive hit. Raising money I would do it the same way. When you grow out smaller donors over an extended period of time that not only helps the bottom line but helps grow the fan base.

Again I totally get why you want and chase big money. I'm just saying I think NDSU does a poor job with the rest of the donors. Again my opinion with my experiences.
    Do you work for a monopoly? I have a friend who grew his company to be the biggest "thing" in his small community (read de facto monopoly). They got burned out and chose to focus on only big money customers, he had a much better life. NDSU is a de facto monopoly. NDSU football will be "back" someday, admin has no say on peoples' taste for entertainment.

There are only 8,618 accounts with any priority points at gobison.com. Ten years of giving $100-200 per year to Team Makers and a few small donations to different athletic funds and the NDSU development foundation is enough to put me near the middle of the rankings.

Of the 12,000 butts in the stands last Friday, how many will become big dollar donors? Almost none. You are correct about the focus on big dollar donors, that is the easiest path for NDSU admin. The big dollar donors make the NDSU football experience for the little guy, not the other way around. The same way golf fell out of favor at the end of Tiger's run and has now begun to see a rise in popularity; college football will go through the same experience. College administrators have no say in how that unfolds.
    It's OK to not be OK.

The big dollar donors get the IPF and SHAC built but they don't put butts in seats. Lots of those empty seats in the dome are big donors, ie businesses with lots of seats that they aren't using. But again this should be a different thread.

Do you work for a monopoly? I have a friend who grew his company to be the biggest "thing" in his small community (read de facto monopoly). They got burned out and chose to focus on only big money customers, he had a much better life. NDSU is a de facto monopoly. NDSU football will be "back" someday, admin has no say on peoples' taste for entertainment.
    Admin has alot of say in peoples' taste for entertainment. Isn't that the definition of marketing?

No LOL we are no one near a monopoly... You are totally missing my point but thats OK Not the thread to discuss but you way of thinking is why we can barely get 12,000 seats sold to a playoff game

The weather yesterday wasn't much better. At least some flights have arrived in Fargo today and some afternoon arrivals still scheduled.

Quote Originally Posted by bstark28 View Post
    I just wonder why UIW didn't fly out yesterday....see the crappy forecast and be proactive to ensure they're up here without issue. But, with it being the playoffs and the NCAA paying for/chartering the Allegiant flight, maybe they didn't even have that choice? Nobody ever accused the NCAA geniuses of having common sense.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    There are only 8,618 accounts with any priority points at gobison.com. Ten years of giving $100-200 per year to Team Makers and a few small donations to different athletic funds and the NDSU development foundation is enough to put me near the middle of the rankings.

Thats a pathetic number......think of all the NDSU graduates plus how many people live in the area. You are totally making my point.

Not to steal gumby's thunder but....

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...900Z/KSAT/KFAR

On-time (so far) arrival for 3:40PM CT. Scheduled to depart from San Antonio in about an hour.