Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: NDSU Band

Default Re: NDSU Band

Quote Originally Posted by BisBison View Post
    1/4th and still 125?? We'd be lucky to have that number with all our band and half of someone else's
    Marching band is huge in high schools from Brookings and down the 29. A lot of Minnesota bands come over to Brookings and Sioux Falls to compete in the fall. McKinney brings the Pride, or the Pride Drumline to some of the events to put on a show for thousands of high school kids. They totally rock.

So what's the dream of a lot of those kids?

To march in the Pride at SDSU.

There's only one really active high school marching program in North Dakota. That's Bismarck Century.

SDSU has thousands of kids to draw on that can march and play in their sleep. And they love it.

BisBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    Marching band is huge in high schools from Brookings and down the 29. A lot of Minnesota bands come over to Brookings and Sioux Falls to compete in the fall. McKinney brings the Pride, or the Pride Drumline to some of the events to put on a show for thousands of high school kids. They totally rock.

There's only one really active high school marching program in North Dakota. That's Bismarck Century.

SDSU has thousands of kids to draw on that can march and play in their sleep. And they love it.
    Correction you meant Mandan I think. Bismarck Century only marches in parades not on the football field in formations. Mandan is the only high school field marching band in ND. They marched at a Bison game and at a Goopher game last year. The kids had a great time at SU with our band and commented how the GOopher band treated them like second class citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjack View Post
    Somehow, you're wrong.

It's a Rose Parade year. The Pride is the only college band with a team not participating in the game ever to be invited back for a second time. Everybody wants to be in The Pride this year so they can go on the big California trip. I was told it's about 480 when you count all the flag girls, etc. Normal years, there's around 400 in The Pride.

Why do you think anybody would lie about the size of their marching band? It's a big deal down here.
    480 < 500

Serious question though, how many different shows does The Pride put on a year? I've heard anything from a new one every game to just doing one a year. I'm not trying to start a pissing match (minus the 480 < 500), I'm just curious. Thanks.

Since we are on the topic of size.....

I would like to officially announce that my instrument is bigger than everyone elses instrument!!

Honestly though kids, there are better things to talk about than the exact numbers in both bands....for example, I personally can't wait to listen to The Pride play their school song - you know, the one that goes 'head, shoulders, knees and toes, knees and toes.'

It's nice to see that the GSMB will be at the game, they've got a better sound this year and will only add to the excitement of the game.
    People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of their character. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeal View Post
    480 < 500

Serious question though, how many different shows does The Pride put on a year? I've heard anything from a new one every game to just doing one a year. I'm not trying to start a pissing match (minus the 480 < 500), I'm just curious. Thanks.
    Good question. They do one show over and over. They add a few bells and whistles, but it often seems at the games like they are practicing for something else.

You guys have seen the UC Davis Band-Uh, right? Now there's a band I can appreciate. They jump on a bus for 30 hours, jump off and play "Separate Ways" to mock us for being so far behind in popular culture. Great stuff.

Thanks for the info. I personally love the band-uh! from UC Davis. Now that's a band that has school spirit. Only 40 or so came to Fargo, but they left an impression on us for sure.

bisonhusker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Three years ago in Brookings their band was awesome. Playing top 40 music that you would hear on the radio....even some up beat rap type stuff. Then I think back to the halftime of the Fargodome.....and we play the Moody Blues.....ugghhh. I am excited to see the Jacks band tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonhusker View Post
    Three years ago in Brookings their band was awesome. Playing top 40 music that you would hear on the radio....even some up beat rap type stuff. Then I think back to the halftime of the Fargodome.....and we play the Moody Blues.....ugghhh. I am excited to see the Jacks band tomorrow.
    or some "Rendition of [insert random song here] by the Beatles!"
    Gay-Communist-Bully-TAB

Quote Originally Posted by UND Thundering Herd View Post
    or some "Rendition of [insert random song here] by the Beatles!"
    This year it was Styx...ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post

If you are going to say that Century is the only marching band, then you need to add Bismarck High, St. Mary's, Horizon Middle School, Simle Middle School, and Wacter Middle School cause they march just about as much as Century does. And as already stated, Mandan IS the only field marching band.