Page 728 of 1366 FirstFirst ... 2286286787187267277287297307387788281228 ... LastLast
Results 7,271 to 7,280 of 13656

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

CONFERENCE? WE DONT NEED NO STINKING CONFERENCE. (Picture of bison smoking)

WE AREN’T DEPENDENT ON THEM.

they were ALWAYS depending on us.

INDEPENDENT BISON. ROBOTIC DOMINANCE.

TM

Y'all sure you want in a conference with this much FG talent?

https://twitter.com/TroyTrojansFB/st...83870228971521

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Mens basketball
    Softball
    Track and field
    Baseball

All are the most competitive nationally that they’ve ever been during the past 10 years. Arguably all because they’ve seen huge influx of money from donors, in no small part due to the success of the football team. Yes, we’re not done growing them and ideally they’d all be top 100 programs year in/out. But I hardly think this is a UND situation where all the resources go to one sport and then the rest of the athletic department is literally in the bottom quarter in almost every sport nationally.

We’ve pretty much upgraded all facilities to be near state of the art. It’s on them to continue to grow and have success. The stage is set for all non-football sports. We can’t just buy a top 50 basketball program.
    How do all of those programs compare in terms of funding and success relative to the conferences we are hoping to get an invite from? The reality is that our non-football sports aren't going to appeal to the conferences that we want our football in. It's reality. Until that changes, I believe the football program is stuck. That's where I feel the biggest issue lies. We don't want to take funding from football to improve the other sports and risk our football program slipping. And the donor base is much more passionate about football (both because of success and also because the Ath. Dept. has focused so heavily on promoting it) and desires to see its funding be spent on football more than other areas. If we stay the status quo, it is going to be a very long road to get to a better conference. That doesn't mean that we have to go backwards. Just means that it is going to be a continued path of uneven results and slow growth for our non-football sports coupled with dominance from our football program. Both of those seem to be creating apathy within the fanbase. No easy solution, I'm just having a difficult time getting excited by the status quo and I think many others are as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    How do all of those programs compare in terms of funding and success relative to the conferences we are hoping to get an invite from? The reality is that our non-football sports aren't going to appeal to the conferences that we want our football in. It's reality. Until that changes, I believe the football program is stuck. That's where I feel the biggest issue lies. We don't want to take funding from football to improve the other sports and risk our football program slipping. And the donor base is much more passionate about football (both because of success and also because the Ath. Dept. has focused so heavily on promoting it) and desires to see its funding be spent on football more than other areas. If we stay the status quo, it is going to be a very long road to get to a better conference. That doesn't mean that we have to go backwards. Just means that it is going to be a continued path of uneven results and slow growth for our non-football sports coupled with dominance from our football program. Both of those seem to be creating apathy within the fanbase. No easy solution, I'm just having a difficult time getting excited by the status quo and I think many others are as well.
    I agree with the following: We need to improve our non-football sports. You're arguing with me on the thing that we agree on...

The point you were making that I disagree with is that football is causing the other sports to suffer like what happens at UND with their hockey team. Again, I'd argue that the football program is currently funding and subsidizing the other programs, so to say that the football program's success is at the detriment of the other programs is incorrect. On top of that, we're not even sniffing the MW without the football program that we have. The In Our Hands campaign doesn't go nearly as well as it did without the amazing NDSU Bison brand that our football program has built for the University.

Yes, ideally we'd have a MW-funded basketball program. But we're not in the Mountain West are we? It'd sure help to have the extra millions of dollars per year that the Mountain West teams get. That's not the fault of football program. To the contrary, the football program is the reason we're even having this conversation.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    I've never heard that from anyone reliable that MW only wants FCS teams. The other thing is, the more good teams that go to CUSA the more stable they will become. I really think a sold football team like NDSU would turn them around. Look at the Sun Belt. A few years ago everyone was going to right them off.
    NDSU is a FCS school by name only, nothing else about NDSU isn’t at the FBS level. MWC will take NDSU if they can work out a travel agreement like Hawaii.

This compares median of the bottom 25% of FBS* to UND and NDSU: https://knightnewhousedata.org/reports/1c43c126

This compares median MAC and median MWC to UND and NDSU: https://knightnewhousedata.org/reports/ee825a60

*If the worst FBS is "1" and the best FBS is "100", the median of the bottom 25% is nominally "12".

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    MWC would be insane to take Texas St over NDSU for backfill or expansion.
    They went 4-8 last year, and NDSU has a bigger fanbase. They aren't a very big success story.

Now I think you're just trolling us.
    No trolling. I don't think it is an either or thing. If the MW loses 4 schools they would add multiple schools..Texas State would be NEAR the top of the list of candidates..

I don't think the conference will lose that many but 1 or 2 is possible..

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    Most G5 schools would not even rise to the level of what NDSU has for non football facilities. People need to remember the bottom half of the G5 is nothing more than glorified FCS schools. The only thing they have above NDSU is GEOGRAPHY!!!!!!

People talking about MWC and "travel" when Hawaii is in the conference pisses me off bro.
    This space for rent. DM for rates.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    This compares median of the bottom 25% of FBS* to UND and NDSU: https://knightnewhousedata.org/reports/1c43c126

This compares median MAC and median MWC to UND and NDSU: https://knightnewhousedata.org/reports/ee825a60

*If the worst FBS is "1" and the best FBS is "100", the median of the bottom 25% is nominally "12".
    I like where NDSU is at. Add in the millions of dollars from the conference and we're approaching median. And we're not even in the conference yet.

Are you able to take UND's athletics budget into account without hockey spend? There's a reason UND spends as much on athletics as NDSU and has consistently underperformed in all comparable sports. I'll let you pick your excuse
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*