Page 593 of 1366 FirstFirst ... 934935435835915925935945956036436931093 ... LastLast
Results 5,921 to 5,930 of 13658

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Yep, P5 is where the real money is. MWC though is probably one of the best in terms of G5 conference financials.

CUSA recently filed to seal court records regarding their financial settlement with the departing schools, on the basis it could irreparably harm them, and cause their new members not to join. It's rumored cusa financials are so bad member schools are going to have to pay in each year to keep the conference alive and pay debts, rather than receiving any payout. They have bupkiss for a television deal.

FBS is not an automatic financial win, and most bowl payouts are deceptive too, in terms of what the school takes home after expenses.
    Sounds amazing doesn't it!

FBS is fun..However, it isn't easy..

There is no reason NDSU can't thrive at that level if that is where they really want to be..Commitment and money

It doesn't solve all problems and nobody is going to do you any favors. Nobody will care what you did in FCS.

However you miss every shot you don't take.

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    I am not sure about your numbers there.. CBS and Fox pay 45 million a year to the MW which is then distributed to the schools. The conference takes some to fund operations, Boise gets a larger share and Hawaii gets a smaller cut. There are 3rd tier tv rights available for games not picked up by CBS or Fox.

The basketball credits go to the conference who splits them evenly to the 11 basketball schools but the payout is over a 6 year period. That does tend to work out to 2.5 million total in a 1 bid league. The MW usually gets 2 in.

All of this doesn't add up to your 6-7 million per team per year assertion. The amount is less than you think..It is also no where near enough. Like all G5 conferences budgets are tight..
    Additionally for the MWC to want a new school they need to be able to grow the pot, not dilute. Based on NDSU media income, it would seem that NDSU would dilute the payments to other schools, thus the desire to add exists. For example, $45 million dividend by 9 teams (easy math, I knew they have more, but need to keep it simple for lakes), if you add a 10th team. the conference will want that pot to be at least $50 million. Maintain at $5 million per school. If NDSU only adds $3 million of value, the payout drops to $4.8 million. College sports like a business is not going to add a dilutive compenent.

Compare to the BIG 10. Why did they add Rutgers? The NYC media market was worth more than the cost of adding a "poor sports program". NDSU just does not have the media income presence to help a MWC. This is just on the media side, travel hasn't even been discussed.

But thanks Lakes for trying. keep contacting, RDO, Sanford and the other two big business' in ND to sponsor.

For the first time in the almost 9 years that I've been part of the NDSU community, I finally was offered a chance this year to purchase NDSU football season tickets. I was tempted, but ultimately passed on them. A few months ago, I would have jumped on the chance as I thought eventual FBS was a certainty. But it clearly is not certain. If there was even a public commitment by NDSU to move to FBS in the next 3-4 years, I would have purchased the tickets to lock them up. But I'm just not interested in watching most of these FCS teams anymore. The good ones, and some semi-good ones, have all left. Apparently I'm not the only one unwilling to pay those prices for FCS games. Otherwise, I wouldn't have had a shot at season tickets in the first place.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    For the first time in the almost 9 years that I've been part of the NDSU community, I finally was offered a chance this year to purchase NDSU football season tickets. I was tempted, but ultimately passed on them. A few months ago, I would have jumped on the chance as I thought eventual FBS was a certainty. But it clearly is not certain. If there was even a public commitment by NDSU to move to FBS in the next 3-4 years, I would have purchased the tickets to lock them up. But I'm just not interested in watching most of these FCS teams anymore. The good ones, and some semi-good ones, have all left. Apparently I'm not the only one unwilling to pay those prices for FCS games. Otherwise, I wouldn't have had a shot at season tickets in the first place.
    If and or when the move happens what do you think your chance of getting tickets will be? Buying tickets is also about supporting the program.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    If and or when the move happens what do you think your chance of getting tickets will be? Buying tickets is also about supporting the program.
    Tickets will be readily available.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Ive heard that before.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Go back a few years and see all the bitching about getting tickets.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Yep. I'd like to support an FBS program. I know there's plenty of people here that prefer FCS. Maybe if we go FBS, they will then give up their tickets rather than hoard them only to consistently leave the game for the parking lot after the first half.

In any case, the point I was making is that remaining silent on FBS cost them my purchase. I'm just two tickets. What...$1,000 or so? But there are probably others like me. If they are planning someday to go FBS, they should say so, because I'd be buying tickets right now. On the other hand, if they know that they have no intention of going FBS, I suppose that's maybe why they say nothing. They hope someone like me is still going to buy tickets if the FBS possibility is there. In my case, they'd be wrong. I need to know that FBS is in the plans if I'm gonna invest in football tickets. Relying on those who are happy with FCS apparently is no longer enough, as they now have a surplus of tickets.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

if NDSU went Mountain West tomorrow, every ticket would be sold overnight for the Fargodome.
    5 games at Fargodome
    1 game at US BANK 50,000+
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?