Page 585 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 854855355755835845855865875956356851085 ... LastLast
Results 5,841 to 5,850 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    When many of the remaining Big XII schools bolt for the Pac-12, it will be too bad that NDSU wasn't FBS in time for an invite to that conference.
    Why would that happen? Teams like Cincinnati, Kansas, WV, Oklahoma, Texas Tech going to Pac 12? Why?

Most likely it will be either SEC and B1G doing the poaching, or B12 expanding that sets off the next wave.
    I don't see the value of southern/eastern teams joining PAC-12 or it being that likely.

Maybe SEC poaches the ACC, and they backfill with B12 teams. Its generally a downward cascade.
    SEC/B1G are tier 1, ACC/PAC/B12 are tier 2, MWC/AAC are tier 3 in media deals and pecking order.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Why would that happen? Teams like Cincinnati, Kansas, WV, Oklahoma, Texas Tech going to Pac 12? Why?

Most likely it will be either SEC and B1G doing the poaching, or B12 expanding that sets off the next wave.
    I don't see the value of southern/eastern teams joining PAC-12 or it being that likely.

Maybe SEC poaches the ACC, and they backfill with B12 teams. Its generally a downward cascade.
    SEC/B1G are tier 1, ACC/PAC/B12 are tier 2, MWC/AAC are tier 3 in media deals and pecking order.
    Oklahoma State, Kansas State, Baylor, TCU, Texas Tech, Kansas all off the top of my head would at least entertain Pac12 talk.

It’s been no small secret that the Big12 is the first “power” conference on the outside looking in. SEC already did their poaching and took one of the teams you listed. The rest are all looking for calmer waters.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Then there is this getting sorted out today in CA

Link posted below states that 'Cal, Stanford and "possibly" UCLA would give serious thought to dropping out of FBS if SB-1401 passes in its current form, so there's one side of it.'

https://footballscoop.com/news/new-d...sports-forever

https://www.mercurynews.com/2022/05/...ting-and-more/

How do you suppose Cal and Stanford would fare in FCS?

Its bonkers out there. Stay tuned …

NDSU should be FBS...

Hayes, Cox, Zeb, Cofield QP..... all goto FBS in last 3 years. argh
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Oklahoma State, Kansas State, Baylor, TCU, Texas Tech, Kansas all off the top of my head would at least entertain Pac12 talk.

It’s been no small secret that the Big12 is the first “power” conference on the outside looking in. SEC already did their poaching and took one of the teams you listed. The rest are all looking for calmer waters.
    The thing is, B12 to PAC 12 is a mostly lateral move money wise.

PAC 12 teams currently make $21 mil/year in their media deal. B12 is expected to make $22 mil/year with their new teams.
    The exit fees for B12 schools meanwhile are $80 million.

I don't disagree B12 teams might jump, just don't see them going to the PAC 12 unless the economics change.
    The geography isn't a great fit either. SEC or B1G make more sense.

The SEC and the BIG are going to eat everyone eventually. It’s just a matter of who gets which brands and media markets.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    The SEC and the BIG are going to eat everyone eventually. It’s just a matter of who gets which brands and media markets.
    Its almost all driven by $$$ and media deals.

If a conference can earn more per team by adding someone, they will jump at that. Texas and OU are big markets and more media money.
    If a conference's earnings are diluted by adding a team, they will be very hesitant. Schools don't like to vote for payout decreases.

Its almost all driven by $$$ and media deals.

If a conference can earn more per team by adding someone, they will jump at that. Texas and OU are big markets and more media money.
    If a conference's earnings are diluted by adding a team, they will be very hesitant. Schools don't like to vote for payout decreases.
    True. They’re going to eat everyone that’s worth eating.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

The thing is, B12 to PAC 12 is a mostly lateral move money wise.

PAC 12 teams currently make $21 mil/year in their media deal. B12 is expected to make $22 mil/year with their new teams.
    The exit fees for B12 schools meanwhile are $80 million.

I don't disagree B12 teams might jump, just don't see them going to the PAC 12 unless the economics change.
    The geography isn't a great fit either. SEC or B1G make more sense.
    Nice, what's that B12 media deal going to look like when Texas and Oklahoma leave?

Gonna be "any port in the storm" time for the B12 when that happens. I'd imagine KU goes to B10, West Virginia will go either B10 or ACC and the rest of the state schools will be looking to leave.
    Last edited by NDSU92; 05-19-2022 at 03:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Nice, what's that B12 media deal going to look like when Texas and Oklahoma leave?

Gonna be "any port in the storm" time for the B12 when that happens. I'd imagine KU goes to B10, West Virginia will go either B10 or ACC and the rest of the state schools will be looking to leave.
    WVU probably isn't going to sniff the B1G if they aren't AAU members. And frankly, I don't think they are even close.
    Last edited by abc123; 05-19-2022 at 04:42 PM.