Page 567 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 674675175575655665675685695776176671067 ... LastLast
Results 5,661 to 5,670 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    We gotta cheer for big 12 to hurry and take Boise...then go all out pushing for that MWC spot

NDSU WILL GO ALONE. then we use the local colleges as our minor leagues
    We are spinning our wheels on this. We are not likely going to be invited to the MWC from FCS. We need to be FBS first. They would barely want us regardless. If we want to be FBS (and we should want this), we need to pursue any FBS pathway that materializes.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    I absolutely want to stay with regional partner(s). History has shown that's the only path to success. I'm fine with that only being SDSU, though I wouldn't be surprised if state politics force us to stay with UND and SDSU with USD.
    I'd be onboard with SBC + Missouri St, but don't think it will happen for precisely this reason.
    SBC's strength comes from their regional rivalries, and their expansion choices were driven by that. They have a relatively tight footprint.

I'd also be ok with MAC if the admin evaluated it and decided its a net benefit. Its just feels more like a temporary home than a great long term home.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    We gotta cheer for big 12 to hurry and take Boise...then go all out pushing for that MWC spot

NDSU WILL GO ALONE. then we use the local colleges as our minor leagues
    MWC would be a great fit for us.

Independent would be a disaster. Ask UMass, UConn, etc.

We don't have Notre Dame or BYU level resources to make it work, and even those schools are now affiliating with conferences.
    Notre Dame is an ACC associate, and BYU is going B12.

Independents are mostly locked out of postseason bowls and CFP money. That hurts a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    I'd be onboard with SBC + Missouri St, but don't think it will happen for precisely this reason.
    SBC's strength comes from their regional rivalries, and their expansion choices were driven by that. They have a relatively tight footprint.

I'd also be ok with MAC if the admin evaluated it and decided its a net benefit. Its just feels more like a temporary home than a great long term home.
    As much as I don't like the MAC and do not consider it a step up, I would be in favor of it as I think it could be a stepping stone to a better conference. The MWC is obviously the best choice out there if they'll ever take us (best choice as the Big 12 isn't gonna be offerin')*

*And the B10 is too much of a step down

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    As much as I don't like the MAC and do not consider it a step up, I would be in favor of it as I think it could be a stepping stone to a better conference. The MWC is obviously the best choice out there if they'll ever take us (best choice as the Big 12 isn't gonna be offerin')*

*And the B10 is too much of a step down
    I'll echo these exact sentiments plus add in CUSA. We need to take whatever, where ever, however. Take what we can, dominate and then move up. That was how the the FCS move was done. We went to the Great West, which wasn't a good fit but it was what we had and made it work. Dominate and move up.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Why do you guys never mention the AAC? Lots of schools in your same time zone. Long term deal with ESPN. A bunch of bowl games. Makes far more sense to me than the MW..I think the AAC would invite you right away too..The MW won't be doing anything for 4 years..

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    Why do you guys never mention the AAC? Lots of schools in your same time zone. Long term deal with ESPN. A bunch of bowl games. Makes far more sense to me than the MW..I think the AAC would invite you right away too..The MW won't be doing anything for 4 years..
    Me too. Apparently its aiming too high for the cynics on here though. NDSU can't be that good, they say

Whose your team in the Mountain West?

Red face Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    One of us has ….
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post

Good point. It's really too bad our regional rivals have no real shot at FBS. I'm not sure they will in 10 years, either, given trends, and waiting seems fraught with risk.

The Footballscoop article someone posted a few pages back sums it up perfectly. Creates a challenge but not an insurmountable one for NDSU FB IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    We are spinning our wheels on this. We are not likely going to be invited to the MWC from FCS. We need to be FBS first. They would barely want us regardless. If we want to be FBS (and we should want this), we need to pursue any FBS pathway that materializes.
    Agreed... that's why CUSA/AAC should be options as we to pursue..

the problem is.... OUR ADMIN WONT PURSUE ...OR SOLICIT OR GLADHAND OR SEND FLOWERS..

if 1 leader (besides me) would take the torch and run with it...he'd be a hero and everyone would follow & jump on board.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?