Page 280 of 368 FirstFirst ... 180230270278279280281282290330 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,800 of 3672

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Credit to NDSUstudent but damn Bubba Richman might be a better name then Matty Lardson . Lmfao.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Feels like it’s time for Matt Larsen to show his metal as an AD. No clue whether that means change in MBB/WBB HC’s, but it feels like leadership is needed big time, cuz it looks/feels like things in the BB programs are going south in a hurry. This is mandatory time/place for a real AD to step up.
    "real AD" is the catcher there....Seems he is pretty complacent just living off NDSU name and success before he showed up.

Saul and Tim recruited guys....they literally played in a hot box high school gym. It didn't matter. Kids that want to run and score and play basketball not from 1955 don't want to play for Dave. Unless they are local and think NDSU is the dream, or they are out of state and not highly recruited by anyone else.
    Dave can win in the Summit tourney, but who can't? Good christ, it's a terrible league. I mean, NDSU or SDSU has won the champ every year other than 1 for the last 11 years lol.
    Even Duke has only won 2 of the last 11 years of the ACC tourney and they are a national powerhouse.
    The summit is trash.

And for those of you like, "Yeah, but Summit is like 20th out of 32 conferences!" Look at the other conferences lower than them bub.
    It's like a glorified high school league.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    "real AD" is the catcher there....Seems he is pretty complacent just living off NDSU name and success before he showed up.

Saul and Tim recruited guys....they literally played in a hot box high school gym. It didn't matter. Kids that want to run and score and play basketball not from 1955 don't want to play for Dave. Unless they are local and think NDSU is the dream, or they are out of state and not highly recruited by anyone else.
    Dave can win in the Summit tourney, but who can't? Good christ, it's a terrible league. I mean, NDSU or SDSU has won the champ every year other than 1 for the last 11 years lol.
    Even Duke has only won 2 of the last 11 years of the ACC tourney and they are a national powerhouse.
    The summit is trash.

And for those of you like, "Yeah, but Summit is like 20th out of 32 conferences!" Look at the other conferences lower than them bub.
    You are really talking generations ago …. The landscape of basketball is so different today. Player engagement is at an all-time high. You now have as many players moving up a level as you do having players moving down. NIL is a factor. Heck it’s been a decade since NDSU reclassified. Conference movement is common place now.

St Thomas joined the Summit openly stating they’ve got eyes on the Big East.

The issues you cite (conference strength …) are bigger than DR. Changing coaches could generate some short term excitement but whomever is there faces many of the same issues.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    Are you not at all concerned about the basketball program and revolving door of players? Is the only solution to pour money into the program?
    I would not say I’m not concerned, I dont believe the sky is falling
    We have maybe the best player in program history on the roster in grant
    We have the highest rated recruit ever coming in kid from Texas
    We just finished second in our conference and we were battling to dance again
    We lost 2 that were not anticipated and both were defensive liabilities imo
    The other recruit I’m excited about is the pg from Chicago
    He was 2nd team all city
    I’d say you can choose to be upbeat if you want to
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    How was Tim Miles and Saul Phillips able to beat schools like Wisconsin, Marquette, Oklahoma, Notre Dame? They sure as hell did not have the funding and facilities Dave has FFS! If you think just pouring more money into the program will suddenly make Dave a better coach you're fooling yourself! He took a program coming off 2 straight NCAA appearances and flushed it down the crapper! His offensive style fucking sucks and he couldn't coach himself out of a paper bag!
    He coached the second year of that
    We are competing equal to the level of funding
    You don’t like Dave’s style that’s fine
    But he wins games and gets us into the tournament
    Think back a few years ago after woodside we had zastrow, pennick, and others that shouldn’t have been on d1 rosters
    That was Saul and Tim recruiting
    We are on a smoother trajectory today
    Our opinions of the program are obviously different I’d love for the basketball program to make a jump
    The funding doesn’t change Dave’s coaching ability
    It does change scheduling and recruiting abilities
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by wcb_sas View Post
    You are really talking generations ago …. The landscape of basketball is so different today. Player engagement is at an all-time high. You now have as many players moving up a level as you do having players moving down. NIL is a factor. Heck it’s been a decade since NDSU reclassified. Conference movement is common place now.

St Thomas joined the Summit openly stating they’ve got eyes on the Big East.

The issues you cite (conference strength …) are bigger than DR. Changing coaches could generate some short term excitement but whomever is there faces many of the same issues.
    If you think conference strength was the point of my post, then you missed the entire point.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post

The summit is trash.

So you refer to Saul and him playing a different kind of ball
    In 2013-14 the year we beat Oklahoma in the tourney we averaged .6 point per game more then we did this season
    And that was the cream of the crop Saul team…
    We are not talking about the pennick zastrow years
    Your recollection and facts don’t line up well
    Saul ran the same or very similar offense
    TRUST THE PROCESS

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    Are you not at all concerned about the basketball program and revolving door of players? Is the only solution to pour money into the program?
    NDSU spends approx. 1.8 million on mens bb. That’s woefully little in the world of college basketball. Not sure that I’m sold on Richman but it’s difficult to ask for much more from him when the investment is that low.

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    So you refer to Saul and him playing a different kind of ball
    In 2013-14 the year we beat Oklahoma in the tourney we averaged .6 point per game more then we did this season
    And that was the cream of the crop Saul team…
    We are not talking about the pennick zastrow years
    Your recollection and facts don’t line up well
    Saul ran the same or very similar offense
    Every team across the board scores more now than they did 8 years ago. Jesus bub, get with with it. The fact we score LESS than we did 8 years ago should tell you enough, but guess not. The game has changed drastically.

In 2013/2014, NDSU was in the top 50 of the NCAA for average points per game. This year we are like 125+.

Your understanding of how the game has changed is about as bad as my recollection of "facts" that don't line up well according to you.

The game has changed alot, and Davie boy doesn't like the new style, which is why players don't like his style.
    If you want to be an apologist for him then fine, be one. I don't care. If you think our BB program should be content never beating shitty P5 teams and squeaking out a Summit title every other year, then great! We are right where you want them to be.
    If you think NDSU could be a much better program for mens BB, then go away, cuz Dave ain't gonna be the guy to make it happen.

Oh, just an FYI for my bad recollection...do yourself a favor and look at PPG from 2013/2014 and then look at the fucking drop off in PPG after Davie took over lol.
    from 75.5 in 2013/2014 to 64.9 his first year, 68.8 his second year. Thats a massive drop.
    It's taken him 8 years to recover while everyone else is scoring more.
    But, I'm just a dummy, what do I know. Facts are for scientists.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    NDSU spends approx. 1.8 million on mens bb. That’s woefully little in the world of college basketball. Not sure that I’m sold on Richman but it’s difficult to ask for much more from him when the investment is that low.
    Is more money going to somehow influence better players to come here? I’m baffled. Better BB shoes/uni’s? What does throwing more good money at bad result actually accomplish? Admittedly, I’m baiting a bit here.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.