Page 104 of 126 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1252

Thread: 2021-2022 Season

PaBizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2021-2022 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    Yeah, Metz should get in. He didn't have a "bad" loss at B12s and most of the conference tourneys went chalk.

At 133, it'll be interesting to see whether they weigh regular season results or postseason results more. Performing at the conference tourney needs to matter, and March performed really poorly. He also had some bad losses throughout the year and only had one win over a qualifier. On the flip side, he also beat multiple top WC contenders. Gabe Tagg beat March during the year and won a match at B12s, and Connor Brown beat both March and Tagg (twice) at B12s, so they both should get one over March. As for the other two, I would guess March, Job Greenwood (March beat him), Kyle Burwick (terrible record and took 11th in B1G), Derek Spann (March beat him), Gabe Strickland, Gio DiSabato, and Dom Lajoie will be battling it out. My guess is we see Brown, Tagg, Lajoie, and Strickland get the bids.

At 184, had Parker not imploded against Geer, he would've got one. Now, he has a chance, but probably not in the initial wave unless Donnell Washington can't compete. That being said, if Max Lyon gets a wildcard, that is some bullshit. 13th place in the B1G should not get a bid. Small, Geer, Washington, and Antrassian would be my picks, then I would go Parker, Lyon, Acciardi.
    Parker was flat out gassed. I really hope he gets in. Burning his RS was for sure the right decision but he’s probably a for sure 4 time qualifier if they didn’t. He needs to build his stamina and he’ll be a top 15-20 guy moving forward.
    Bison fans are blessed. Enjoy it.

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by PaBizon View Post
    Parker was flat out gassed. I really hope he gets in. Burning his RS was for sure the right decision but he’s probably a for sure 4 time qualifier if they didn’t. He needs to build his stamina and he’ll be a top 15-20 guy moving forward.
    A lot of good things from Parker in the tournament. I think his mental errors come from being gassed. If he can build his stamina through conditioning he could be really good.

At large bids are announced tomorrow. I think Metz is the only Bison that gets one, but hopefully DJ and March get in and Sax is at least considered as an alternate (some really good guys need WCs at 149 like Edmond, Abas, and Yahya T)

I'd be happy to get one wild card, ecstatic to get two.

I hope Pentz is able to recover. I legit think there's only a handful of guys at 197 that he can't defeat in any given match. If he gets a good draw, I wouldn't be surprised if he was in AA contention

Metz is our only Wildcard.

Another incredibly stupid process. Guy doesn’t win a single match at the B1G tournament (including in the 9th place tournament), has a sub 500 record and is rewarded

133 is really crazy. Unless you wrestle in the Big Ten don't count on a wild card. Stupid process for sure for those.

Wild Card system is broke. NDSU got the right amount of wildcards, but overall it was bad, again.

133 is a joke with Burwick (ND kid) getting in over Tagg and Brown.

All American Travis Wittlake doesn't get in at 165 for Oklahoma State. Nor does Tanner Cook of SDSU.

Max Lyon getting in over Charles Small and Neil Antrassian is a joke.

Tyrell Gordon of UNI getting in at HWT despite being 10-15 and going 0-2 at B12s is surely a joke.

There are other terrible ones, but the one that really burns is Max Lyon getting in with a losing record and getting 13th(!!!) in the B1G, despite being healthy.

You nailed them Big Bird. System needs fixed for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    Wild Card system is broke. NDSU got the right amount of wildcards, but overall it was bad, again.

133 is a joke with Burwick (ND kid) getting in over Tagg and Brown.

All American Travis Wittlake doesn't get in at 165 for Oklahoma State. Nor does Tanner Cook of SDSU.

Max Lyon getting in over Charles Small and Neil Antrassian is a joke.

Tyrell Gordon of UNI getting in at HWT despite being 10-15 and going 0-2 at B12s is surely a joke.

There are other terrible ones, but the one that really burns is Max Lyon getting in with a losing record and getting 13th(!!!) in the B1G, despite being healthy.
    Could you state your case for Brown over Burwick? I think Burwick was actually one of the Easier selections at 133. Don't Like that Hines got one when he hasn't wrestled since early February and defaulted out of EIWA

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderkid21 View Post
    Could you state your case for Brown over Burwick? I think Burwick was actually one of the Easier selections at 133. Don't Like that Hines got one when he hasn't wrestled since early February and defaulted out of EIWA
    I like Burwick, but I think he got selected based on his conference, not on results.

Tagg had a higher coaches panel rank (ok), RPI (flawed), and winning percentage (super flawed). Those, along with conference results, are key in determining WCs, especially when there are limited common opponents and no head to head.

At conference tournament time, Burwick went 1-2 (then 2-1 in the 9th place tournament), while registering no quality wins (every win was over someone who wasn't a qualifier, in the RPI, or coaches ranking). Losses were to Foley (Former AA and NQ) and Hudkins (NQ).

At conference time, Tagg went 1-3 and took 8th. His losses were to Brown x2 (former NQ) and Flores (NQ). Didn't have a quality win at B12s.

Brown didn't have enough matches to qualify for coaches panel or RPI, but the guy he beat out for the starting spot was above Burwick in RPI. Brown wrestled a really tough schedule, and his RPI is higher than Burwick's (but didn't have enough matches). He beat Tagg twice, and Tagg was a guy who earned his conference an AQ spot. That's two quality wins and he finished one spot out of an AQ.

Basically, if Tagg was deemed better than Burwick before conference tournament time, and Brown beat Tagg twice, I would go with Brown for sure. I would go with Tagg over Burwick since neither added any quality wins, and all of the metrics had Tagg over Burwick heading into conference tourney time and no results really favor changing those metrics IMO.

IMO, the two worst wild card selections are Tyrell Gordon and Max Lyon. Lyon does have quality wins, but he had a horrendous loss at B1Gs and taking EVERY wrestler from a 14 team conference is just awful.