Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Verbal: Jasir Cox

Default Re: 2018 Verbal: Jasir Cox

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Another non-committed, selfish player from the younger generation. Yep, go ahead and fire away about how kids should be able to do this, but it doesnt mean it should have been allowed to happen. Just another bad decision by the NCAA.
    Well boomed my friend.
    This space for rent. DM for rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Well boomed my friend.
    Is that a compliment or a veiled personal attack? Yep, I am an old guy, part of the boomer generation so not sure of your intent.

we are allowed to get mad at transfer portal players. sorry.

I'm a HUGE Jabril Cox & Jasir Cox fan, but we can still be mad.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Try being a coach in this stupid new environment. Much as you like to think of it this way college football is not a business in the traditional sense. If it becomes a pure business then I doubt many teammakers and fans will continue to support it. Then again, maybe college football should just the drop the college part and form semi pro leagues. There is a reason all the rules were in place since college football began. I hope the stats for all these transfer portal kids get published soon. The vast majority of these kids will likely end up at lesser programs, playing less, or not in college football any longer. Having all this choice doesn't guarantee an improved situation. And it destroys the integrity of existimg teams. Total Bullshit in my opinion.

1. Absolutely agree it makes the coaching job more difficult. It's part of the job now. Current and prospective coaches understand that. These kids aren't breaking the rules. It sounds like your primary issue should be with the NCAA for allowing it (you mentioned this) and not the young adults trying to do what THEY THINK is best for them within the confines of the student athlete rules. Hopefully they have a good support network to help them make an informed decision.

2. Can you explain how this situation isn't at least similar to a business situation? Employee was hired to do a job, did a great job for years, took an opportunity elsewhere he felt was best for him, employer now unexpectedly has to fill that role via recruiting, training, etc. You're saying this isn't a business so let's not discuss this in business dollars and cents. At a high level this seems very similar to me but I am interesting in hearing other viewpoints.

3. I think the transfer stats would be a great thing for all student athletes and programs to have visibility to. Might encourage some, might discourage others. But it would be valuable information to those making a pretty important decision.

4. How does it destroy the integrity of existing teams? Genuinely interested to hear this fleshed out. Getting a wee bit hyperbolic, no?
    Rixen

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    we are allowed to get mad at transfer portal players. sorry.

I'm a HUGE Jabril Cox & Jasir Cox fan, but we can still be mad.
    Absolutely get into your feels, Lakes. No problem with that.

I personally think being disappointed or frustrated that he is leaving is totally reasonable. Him leaving likely negatively impacts the team we cheer for and care a lot about.

I think being angry enough to spew personal attacks at a player that to our knowledge was nothing short of a great teammate and hard worker is a step too far and comes across pretty damn selfish.

You stated you are a big fan of his but are mad he is leaving. Seems fine to me (not that you care about my opinion).
    Rixen

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I find it funny that people here think that this only happens to NDSU because we're not FBS.
    Insert something clever here...

*@#$^(@#*%$)(!@#%^_)@#*$%!@(#&*_)(!!!!!)#$+@)_#$+@ #*%_@#)*%_)#%*@)#$&_@#)fbs!!!!!!_)*$#%)(*_)!@#$+_@*#$%_)(*@#)+_$*transfer portal!!!!!!

!@#)*(&#%$ncaa)!!!!!_(@#*&$!(@_))#@#)(%*#@$kids!!!!!!
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Another non-committed, selfish player from the younger generation. Yep, go ahead and fire away about how kids should be able to do this, but it doesnt mean it should have been allowed to happen. Just another bad decision by the NCAA.
    Selfish, what about the father you made his 14 year old daughter dance naked on foryou page for paying customers. Supreme Court thinks that is okay.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-tiktok-star-stalker

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Is that a compliment or a veiled personal attack? Yep, I am an old guy, part of the boomer generation so not sure of your intent.
    Not veiled, being a boomer is an insult, and noone can make you look worse than your own behavior and attitudes already do.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    Selfish, what about the father you made his 14 year old daughter dance naked on foryou page for paying customers. Supreme Court thinks that is okay.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-tiktok-star-stalker
    1. I clicked in and read the article which does not mention anything you just said

2. WTF would it have to do with this situation if it did?

We are all dumber for your response