Page 249 of 368 FirstFirst ... 149199239247248249250251259299349 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,490 of 3672

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I guess my point is that I want to see basketball grow at NDSU. I think there is tremendous room for growth as a program. So in that respect I'd like to see a trend of earning higher seeds in the tourney(which would show a trend of being a better all around tea/program) rather than just being thankful we managed to win 3 games in March.
    Absolutely agree. But it starts with the schedule. The men's schedule is brutal, especially the home schedule. I understand some of that has to do with location, BUT who's to say we can't go on the road and play a killer schedule. NDSU will definitely fund trips all over the country so let's start playing some of these top majors and top mid-majors again, instead of a handful of teams that nobody has heard of. Fix attendance? Get better teams to come in here. The conference schedule is the conference schedule and you have to play everybody twice, but non-conference let's start getting teams in here or at least play them on the road. It was not that long ago where one of the SD schools (probably SDSU) played a really tough OOC schedule and was getting beat night after night but they were narrowing the gap with every game. When they came to the conference schedule, they cruised through it.

can't pad those win stats then

even though 16 of his wins are D3 or NAIA.
    then about 50+ wins are 300+ ranked summit teams.

but we changin!!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    can't pad those win stats then

even though 16 of his wins are D3 or NAIA.
    then about 50+ wins are 300+ ranked summit teams.

but we changin!!!
    As has every coach that has been here so that’s not a real distinction
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    With all due respect, what the hell does it matter what seed we get? Getting to the tournament is an accomplishment of the Summit league. Sure, we got a 12 seed the year we had a lot of wins and beat Notre Dame, but most times the Summit champs are the 14-16 seed. Hell, ORU was the 15 seed and a they were a missed 3 from making the elite 8. Lakes is noise, and just entertainment! Haha! Dave could take a team to the Final 4, and he would bitch about how close the games were and that there were not enough fans at the airport to great the team!
    Seeding is a proxy for how good your team is. Worse team, worse seed. The Summit was way better in 2009 and 2014 than it has been the last five years. Winning the Summit means a lot less for how good your team is now than it did 10 years ago. That's the point about seeding.

Well, that and not wanting to get boat raced by Duke every time in the "second" round.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Seeding is a proxy for how good your team is. Worse team, worse seed. The Summit was way better in 2009 and 2014 than it has been the last five years. Winning the Summit means a lot less for how good your team is now than it did 10 years ago. That's the point about seeding.

Well, that and not wanting to get boat raced by Duke every time in the "second" round.
    Summit is worse
    Oru sweet 16 last year
    SDSU received votes last week
    Just saying
    TRUST THE PROCESS

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Summit is worse
    Oru sweet 16 last year
    Just saying
    So do you like the current state of the basketball program? Do you think it could or should be more?

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Summit is worse
    Oru sweet 16 last year
    Just saying
    The Summit as a whole has dropped from being consistently a top 12 conference to outside the top 20, according to Sagarin, Massey and others. You list two data points for individual teams in the conference.

One is because ORU got super hot one weekend last year.
    The other is because SDSU is unsurprisingly sleepwalking through the conference. Last Sagarin rating I saw had SDSU at 77...

...which brings me to my next point that what SDSU is doing this year should be what we are shooting for as a program given our fan base, facility and financial investment. We have not been there since Dave has been head coach.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

I tried to tell you Chapo just embrace that Bubba Richman is here forever, everything becomes so much easier when you no longer fight it but embrace supporting a basketball program that pretty much strives to be something a bit better than mediocre.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I tried to tell you Chapo just embrace that Bubba Richman is here forever, everything becomes so much easier when you no longer fight it but embrace supporting a basketball program that pretty much strives to be something a bit better than mediocre.
    yup. you show them the stats and the BIG WINS (none) show them the 300 ranked wins, losing to a D3 team.
    they want this! they embrace the sub-mediocrity
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    So do you like the current state of the basketball program? Do you think it could or should be more?
    I wish it was more I don’t feel Dave is the biggest problem
    Scheduling and budget are the two biggest limited budget affects scheduling and recruiting
    TRUST THE PROCESS