Page 133 of 169 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1683

Thread: Summit Expansion?

Default Re: Summit Expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Pres B will be new Summit head guy..... Just guessing, but that is what Bisonville does best.
    that would be smart of Dean. could milk another 10 years with a cushy Commissioner job!

just keep Patty V or Kelby Krabbenhoft away
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    Will be really interesting to see who replaces him. Congrats to Douple on retiring.
    I think he did a great job. I like the Summit League for the most part.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    I think he did a great job. I like the Summit League for the most part.
    Agreed, his biggest mistake was adding UMKC back. I know they fit the geography, but they have one of the worst athletic departments in all of D1. I would have strongly prefered Minnesota State and they are years away from being ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Good comments. I'm not surprised that the publics have stuck around in the MVC rather than create a new conference. As Herdbot noted, MVC still does have the history and some prestige. Of course, so did Big East football and the world got over that dissolution pretty quickly.

I 100% agree with you about the folly of chasing media markets. There's been some good articles I've read recently in the context of football that point out how dumb it is to be focused on tv markets. You need fans and energy and success. Rutgers has not cut it for the B1G, the NYC metro market notwithstanding.
    Well we just added Belmont a few weeks ago who will by far have the smallest fan base in the MVC. It's looking like Murray State probably won't be invited, despite the rumors, even though they would have one of the larger fan bases in the MVC. I've followed Eastern IL in football and basketball for over a decade. Anyone that thinks Belmont is a better add than Murray State doesn't know much of anything about the OVC.

Little Rock will be looking for a new home soon(also UT Arlington). Wonder if the Summit is going to give them a call? Would make a good travel partner with ORU.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Little Rock will be looking for a new home soon(also UT Arlington). Wonder if the Summit is going to give them a call? Would make a good travel partner with ORU.
    I would be for it, anything that keeps Augie out.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

So....Loyola-Chicago out of MVC to A-10. UMKC on the short list to replace them in MVC. Odd.

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJD View Post
    So....Loyola-Chicago out of MVC to A-10. UMKC on the short list to replace them in MVC. Odd.
    Just another reminder that markets actually do matter to the people making the decisions.

Going to be interesting to see what they do, zero chance they add three public schools.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

NDSU/UMKC/ORAL to MVC

NDSU MISSOURI ST ILLINOIS STATE TO CUSA?

HMMM
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?