Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Misery State Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Misery State Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

I think an interesting side benefit to switching starting QBs will be that TR will need to re-tool the play sheet to fit Cam's skillset. Probably fewer middle QB runs or 50+ yard passes. He also scares me like watching Jensen throwing shallow and outside of the hashmarks. I think we'll see the return of the tight end plus some regular 10-30 yard passing plays.

Hopefully, the situation causes him to look at the running plays better while he's at it.

Speaking of running, I would play Hunter and Gonnella in the first half, then Williams, Kobe and Bussey in the second half.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    If healthy, Luepke and Williams, although Johnson seemed to run better when Miller was in a QB (timing/confidence maybe??).

But Luepke sure seems to be nicked a lot, and I question whether it is injury or pain. One can play though/with pain.
    Like in the movie "The Program"
    Are you injured or are you hurt?
    What's the difference?
    Well, if your injured you can't and if you're hurt you can.
    I think I'm just hurt.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Agree. We aren’t allowing any RBs to get rhythm/feel. Sorry, but Dom getting most of the carries isn’t doing it. He is a Derrick Lang type back, and there is nothing wrong with that. Unfortunately, we don’t run screens and draws to RBs anymore for some unknown reason. Wtf?
    Hey, I'll settle for throwing a ball in the direction of a tight end.

Baby steps.

What a bizarre game

1) Missouri State is really really good. Give them credit

2) Our defense fucks, am I right?

3) Cam Miller. Give the kid a standing ovation

4) Tyler Roehl sucks for 3 quarters and we can't run the football

5) Apparently Cam has a deeper knowledge of the playbook because we were running things we haven't seen all season.

6) Great job of the entire team stepping up their game in the 3rd and 4th quarter. We go from dropping passes to making incredible catches.

7) Tough to not give Cam some reps, especially if Quincys shoulder is injured. It's probably difficult to stay healthy when your OC runs you 30 times a game

8) Jasir Cox fucks

9) Those are the worst refs

10) The crowd was awesome

11) Penalties are a major issue. It cost us a long bomb TD and almost that stupid personal foul penalty could have cost us the game

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Survive and advance this time of the year. They had no business winning this game but found a way. Easy schedule coming up the last 4 weeks outside of SDSU.

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Their number 1 was the cockiest player to walk on the field at the dome this year. Ge spent equal time trash tLking the crowd and the bison players. IDIOT
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

Quote Originally Posted by BisonHorns View Post
    I saw that penalty in front of me. Our guy went to the ref right after the play to complain about 4 getting in his face. The ref just pointed our guy to go to the side lines. Our guy walked back over to number 4 and starting jawing. Then the flag went up.
    The refs take a lot of heat from people but they generally don't want to throw flags like that. They like to give a verbal warning and then if it gets disregarded they throw a flag. Everyone knew coming in with NDSU and MSU that it would be a chippy game. All in all the refs were fine in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    I think an interesting side benefit to switching starting QBs will be that TR will need to re-tool the play sheet to fit Cam's skillset. Probably fewer middle QB runs or 50+ yard passes. He also scares me like watching Jensen throwing shallow and outside of the hashmarks. I think we'll see the return of the tight end plus some regular 10-30 yard passing plays.

Hopefully, the situation causes him to look at the running plays better while he's at it.

Speaking of running, I would play Hunter and Gonnella in the first half, then Williams, Kobe and Bussey in the second half.
    Yeah that is quite apparent. With Quincy we only run 2 different formations and a Tecmo Super Bowl playbook

Cam can make the short throws way better than Quincy but he doesn't have the arm to make long ones. Both are totally different skill sets. Putting can in late was a brilliant move but next week they will prepare differently

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by StecMSU View Post
    The refs take a lot of heat from people but they generally don't want to throw flags like that. They like to give a verbal warning and then if it gets disregarded they throw a flag. Everyone knew coming in with NDSU and MSU that it would be a chippy game. All in all the refs were fine in my opinion.
    The refs in the Valley this year have been fucking awful. Apparently COVID cost them to lose all competence.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonHorns View Post
    Their number 1 was the cockiest player to walk on the field at the dome this year. Ge spent equal time trash tLking the crowd and the bison players. IDIOT
    Our #1 on offense or defense? We have double numbers there and they both play. I didn't see that on the broadcast. Our #4 Braswell is always flirting with personal foul penalties but I haven't noticed it from #1.