Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: St. Thomas to DI-approved

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: St. Thomas to DI-approved

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    With predominately DIII players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pioneer is a similar level to D3 since neither give athletic scholarships. Very good D3 schools will beat most Pioneer teams.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    With predominately DIII players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There is zero difference between D3 non scholarship and D1 non scholarship. The difference is facilities and St Thomas already had them beat. The Johnnie's would be a top quarter team too. Most solid D2 schools would beat both. They have 36 scholarships

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Belmont to MVC would help St Thomas get in
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Belmont to MVC would help St Thomas get in
    If they become the best team in the Summit maybe, but as of today they have proven anything. They have won 1 conference game in volleyball. The MVC won't pick up a team with a high school gym for basketball. It's the MVC who once had Creighton and Wichita State.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

It will be interesting to see how well they can tap into the money in the Twin Cities. If they can find some $$$, it should be interesting to see what they can pull together.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    It will be interesting to see how well they can tap into the money in the Twin Cities. If they can find some $$$, it should be interesting to see what they can pull together.
    they have very rich donors & alums. probably more than any other summit mvfc university

they have very rich donors & alums. probably more than any other summit mvfc university
    This is correct. Square foot for square foot, St. Thomas is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAY nicer than NDSU in its facilities (student union, dorms chapel, wellness center etc), their gym not withstanding. And obviously their Football stadium is not trying to be better than the Fargodome, but it is gorgeous

I will be very interested to see what they come up with for a hockey arena as well as expanding their football stadium
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    This is correct. Square foot for square foot, St. Thomas is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAY nicer than NDSU in its facilities (student union, dorms chapel, wellness center etc), their gym not withstanding. And obviously their Football stadium is not trying to be better than the Fargodome, but it is gorgeous

I will be very interested to see what they come up with for a hockey arena as well as expanding their football stadium
    Will be very tough to expand their football stadium, since its in the middle of an old St. Paul neighborhood. If they were able to acquire land and build a brand new one, that is something, but in the current location, very tough.

Quote Originally Posted by bisontown View Post
    Will be very tough to expand their football stadium, since its in the middle of an old St. Paul neighborhood. If they were able to acquire land and build a brand new one, that is something, but in the current location, very tough.
    they are probably fine for football, just fill in the endzones and wrap could get up to 15,000 I'd imagine.
    I still cant believe they are trying to make hockey a thing, my bro/wife in their st thomas alum survey voted NO to hockey, it'd be nice to see the final numbers, but they didn't release that, they "made a decision based off of that" but I call BS, they have a loud 10% minority that begged for stupid hockey

they are probably fine for football, just fill in the endzones and wrap could get up to 15,000 I'd imagine.
    I still cant believe they are trying to make hockey a thing, my bro/wife in their st thomas alum survey voted NO to hockey, it'd be nice to see the final numbers, but they didn't release that, they "made a decision based off of that" but I call BS, they have a loud 10% minority that begged for stupid hockey
    This is true as well. If they relocate the track, they have pleeeeenty of space for a good MVC stadium.

There is no way that the alumni didnt overwhelmingly approve Hockey lol. I mean its possible, but what was the poll question??:
    "ok, so we have unlimited money... do you think we should do something cool with it, or nah?"

I wouldnt be surprised if your relatives were the only "no" votes lol
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS