Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Game 5 Preview: UNI

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2021 Game 5 Preview: UNI

So this seems like another 10-9 game? First one to 10 wins!!

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I don't think NDSU loses many recruiting battles to UNI... but the one that sticks in my mind is Jared Brinkman. He'd have looked good in a Bison uniform.
    Are you mixing Jake Brinkman in there? Older brother to Jared - was at NDSU a couple years. I don’t remember a NDSU offer to Jared, but could be wrong. Jared has turned into a fine college player though.

Jared had an article on a recruiting visit to Fargo and hadn’t received an offer as of the date of the article

https://247sports.com/college/north-...tate-74995579/

For the 2nd week in a row NDSU faces a NFL prospect at LT - Waletzko Fighting Hawks and now a high draft prospect in Panther Trevor Penning. iirc Bison offered Trevor’s younger brother Jared, but missed out to UNI there. Don’t see Jared on UNI’s 2-deep, so he is either hasn’t made it yet or is injured.

Two names on the 2-deep I recognize, CB Stefan Black & OT Tristan Roper, both had NDSU offers. Roper is backing up T Penning. Black was offered 1st by NDSU (metro KC area) but committed to Air Force. Later on he decommited and ended up signing with UNI.

CB Omar Brown was a really nice get for Northern Iowa. NDSU offered, but may have gotten distracted elsewhere (?) but anyways Brown was the 8th ranked prospect in Minnesota that year.
    https://247sports.com/Player/Omar-Br...school-212542/

One player I always kept an eye on for recruiting was WR Isaiah Weston from Albertville MN.
    Turned out alright for UNI - don’t remember NDSU ever offering though…guess that WR from Florida that class turned out alright for the Bison…
    Last edited by bruinbison; 10-05-2021 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Terrell Sinkfield, Benny Sapp Omar Brown all 3 stars in the Twin Cities
    Don’t remember a NDSU offer to Benny Sapp - link?
    Sapp was a transfer out of Minnesota Gophers (grad?)

Terrell Sinkfield was a long time ago - he originally signed in the NFL in 2013 so college recruiting was before 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Are you mixing Jake Brinkman in there? Older brother to Jared - was at NDSU a couple years. I don’t remember a NDSU offer to Jared, but could be wrong. Jared has turned into a fine college player though.

Jared had an article on a recruiting visit to Fargo and hadn’t received an offer as of the date of the article

https://247sports.com/college/north-...tate-74995579/

For the 2nd week in a row NDSU faces a NFL prospect at LT - Waletzko Fighting Hawks and now a high draft prospect in Panther Trevor Penning. iirc Bison offered Trevor’s younger brother Jared, but missed out to UNI there. Don’t see Jared on UNI’s 2-deep, so he is either hasn’t made it yet or is injured.

Two names on the 2-deep I recognize, CB Stefan Black & OT Tristan Roper, both had NDSU offers. Roper is backing up T Penning. Black was offered 1st by NDSU (metro KC area) but committed to Air Force. Later on he decommited and ended up signing with UNI.

CB Omar Brown was a really nice get for Northern Iowa. NDSU offered, but may have gotten distracted elsewhere (?) but anyways Brown was the 8th ranked prospect in Minnesota that year.
    https://247sports.com/Player/Omar-Br...school-212542/

One player I always kept an eye on for recruiting was WR Isaiah Weston from Albertville MN.
    Turned out alright for UNI - don’t remember NDSU ever offering though…guess that WR from Florida that class turned out alright for the Bison…
    Jared has started every game at LG

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    I think “UNI loud” returns this weekend.
    10 years ago doesn’t seem very long ago to this old guy. October 29th 2011 #3 NDSU beats #2 UNI 27-19 in a sold out Fargodome for their first win against the Panthers in 4 games in MVFC play. Biggest home DI win ever at the time? I still hate UNI!

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Don’t remember a NDSU offer to Benny Sapp - link?
    Sapp was a transfer out of Minnesota Gophers (grad?)

Terrell Sinkfield was a long time ago - he originally signed in the NFL in 2013 so college recruiting was before 2010.
    Im saying NDSU shouldve offerred Sapp.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Im saying NDSU shouldve offerred Sapp.
    Sapp is a really good player. He's about as good as his dad and his dad played in the NFL for a number of years. His dad also went to UNI, so that likely played a role in his transfer decision.

I want Pat Paschall to do the cointoss.....

wheres the hype for this game?? Fargo media is such a joke, biggest game of the year....
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

wheres the hype for this game?? Fargo media is such a joke, biggest game of the year....
    They blew their load last week.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I feel like Jeff and Andy have been doing a great job of pumping up the game on the insiders show. Flip side, don't know how many casual fans listen to the show. More probably watch the news.

I do agree, this game right here is by far the biggest game of the season. We can get this one we have a good shot going undefeated into SDSU.