Page 391 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 291341381389390391392393401441491891 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,910 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    People can joke about the G5 schools being FBS in name only..

At least they get to play big schools ever year. Meanwhile we got guys on the board trying to hype up a potential playoff game with Monmouth.
    You just shush it up. Monmouth is the pinnacle of FCS football and one hell of an institution. I mean it could be worse and play a team like something called Cincinnati or Boise St.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

#20 Monmouth (2-1) takes down Charleston Southern 41-14
    in Big South Conference opener. Should be looking pretty sweet for Mighty Monmouth in this week’s FCS poll!
    Up next for this favorite up and coming FCS program, the Crusaders of Holy Cross.

Charleston Southern takes on East Carolina next.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wnc...-ecu-next/amp/

Kevin Callahan, Monmouth’s 29th-year coach, is ranked sixth among active FCS coaches with 168 wins. The Hawks are 18-2 in the Big South since 2017.
    That Holy Cross game is fascinating for Monmouth because Holy Cross already did this:

Sam Herder
    @SamHerderFCS
    ·
    Sep 19
    #FCS vs. FBS wins this season:

UC Davis @ Tulsa (19-17)
    EWU @ UNLV (35-33)
    SDSU @ Col. St (42-23)
    Holy Cross @ UConn (38-28)
    Montana @ No. 20 Washington (13-7)
    ETSU @ Vandy (23-3)
    Duquesne @ Ohio (28-26)
    Jax St @ Florida St (20-17)
    UIW @ Texas St (42-34)
    NAU vs. Arizona (21-19)
    Last edited by bruinbison; 09-20-2021 at 02:47 PM.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mwwire....-its-here/amp/

NDSU just over here in the corner being an Introvert at the High School Dance.....

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    This might be a #1 seed in the Bisonville preposterous statement tourney.

You can cherry pick some arbitrary X mile radius between a P5 school and the surrounding population to try to make Fargo/NDSU seem comparable but in reality it's nowhere near any P5 school. Go ahead and name one... I guarantee you I could find a TV market at least 4 times the size of the entire state of ND that is considered the prime market for any P5 school.
    You can pick what you want, but just combining Fargo and Bismarck which would be Bison markets if they were FBS would rank them favorably against a lot of schools. I'm not sure you can take more than just Eugene when there are more than one FBS program in that state. I didn't say take an arbitrary area you did. If you want to turn this into some dumb ass exercise to meet your agenda, go ahead.

If I were to take an arbitrary area of a p5 school, then I would have suggested taking an actual less than arbitrary area that would actually watch Bison football at that level. Where does that extend? Part of SD? MT? Certainly MN.

The one thing FBS does way more than FCS does is pull in fans much wider than alumni and being just representative of a state. Sure there are fans of Bison football with little ties to the school or program, but FBS schools transcend that even further.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    #20 Monmouth (2-1) takes down Charleston Southern 41-14
    in Big South Conference opener. Should be looking pretty sweet for Mighty Monmouth in this week’s FCS poll!
    Up next for this favorite up and coming FCS program, the Crusaders of Holy Cross.

Charleston Southern takes on East Carolina next.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wnc...-ecu-next/amp/

That Holy Cross game is fascinating for Monmouth because Holy Cross already did this:
    This might be the most pro-FBS post in this entire thread
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    This might be the most pro-FBS post in this entire thread
    Unfortunately TJbison’s article link shows just how difficult it is going to be for NDSU to get invited into the Mountain West Conference……

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mwwire....-its-here/amp/

NDSU just over here in the corner being an Introvert at the High School Dance.....

Unfortunately, he who shall not be named, has promoted for years
    the idea that all NDSU has to do is promote itself, knock on the
    MW’s door and boom, membership! And more people seem to be believing that without offering any links to help substantiate that idea.

But these articles, from writers with connections, hardly ever
    mention Fargo, how ‘bout that???
    And like the article shows, there are many other directions they can look instead……

Anyways, at least now, with the possibility that the MW will get raided
    for 2 or more (hopefully at least 3) teams, there is a smaller chance they
    will aggressively look at expansion. And the MW expanding into a
    14 of 16 team super conference may still be necessary to get Fargo in.
    Would enjoy seeing NDSU, SDSU, Montana & Montana State all into
    a division with Wyoming and whatever other eastern teams are left
    from the MW (if/when after it is raided by the AAC or Big 12).

But I still have yet to be shown any links that help make me believe the chance of that happening is more than slim/none.

Unfortunately TJbison’s article link shows just how difficult it is going to be for NDSU to get invited into the Mountain West Conference……

Unfortunately, he who shall not be named, has promoted for years
    the idea that all NDSU has to do is promote itself, knock on the
    MW’s door and boom, membership! And more people seem to be believing that without offering any links to help substantiate that idea.

But these articles, from writers with connections, hardly ever
    mention Fargo, how ‘bout that???
    And like the article shows, there are many other directions they can look instead……

Anyways, at least now, with the possibility that the MW will get raided
    for 2 or more (hopefully at least 3) teams, there is a smaller chance they
    will aggressively look at expansion. And the MW expanding into a
    14 of 16 team super conference may still be necessary to get Fargo in.
    Would enjoy seeing NDSU, SDSU, Montana & Montana State all into
    a division with Wyoming and whatever other eastern teams are left
    from the MW (if/when after it is raided by the AAC or Big 12).

But I still have yet to be shown any links that help make me believe the chance of that happening is more than slim/none.
    Yeah I mean I was just saying that if Monmouth vs. Charleston Southern info/highlights is what’s keeping us excited about FCS, then let’s just hold the funeral now. I don’t hate FCS, and I don’t like it when people shit on it all the time, but bragging about Monmouth and Lamar or Incarnate Word can be just as ridiculous.

If you’re looking for the links about MW expansion, I think they’re right next to the ones from two months ago about UT and OU going to the SEC. Literally no one had the scoop on that until the Texas A&M AD got caught with his pants down during media days. I remember writers all over the place 8-10 years ago who had “all the connections” spouting out about the P5 breaking off and 16 or 32 team mega conferences and we all know how that worked out.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

I would encourage people to read the link within the link
    TJbison provided - it is the latest interview with Mountain West
    Commissioner Craig Thompson

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...mpression=true

Some of the takeaways:

The 2 MWC teams most likely to leave for the AAC - Colorado State & Air Force

Thompson wouldn’t say which two are most apt to entertain the AAC’s advances, but several sources inside and outside the conference confirmed they are Air Force and Colorado State — and not San Diego State or Boise State, which seem content to stay in the Mountain West and wait for another round of power conference expansion, most likely with the Big 12. Earlier this year, SDSU Athletic Director John David Wicker called a rumored move to the AAC a “nonstarter.”
    - The AAC’s ESPN contract can be renegotiated downward with the loss of conference teams

- Exit fees. Will the AAC pay the MW exit fees? Could use the $$ they get from Cincinnati, Central Florida and Houston departing early

The Mountain West requires only 12 months’ notice but three times the previous year’s conference payout from the TV contract, sponsorships and NCAA Tournament distributions. That totals about $12.5 million. If there’s less than a year notice, it doubles.
    Last edited by bruinbison; 09-21-2021 at 02:16 PM.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I would encourage people to read the link within the link
    TJbison provided - it is the latest interview with Mountain West
    Commissioner Craig Thompson

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...mpression=true

Some of the takeaways:

The 2 MWC teams most likely to leave for the AAC - Colorado State & Air Force

- The AAC’s ESPN contract can be renegotiated downward with the loss of conference teams

- Exit fees. Will the AAC pay the MW exit fees? Could use the $$ they get from Cincinnati, Central Florida and Houston departing early
    Would be a bummer to have two of the "closer" schools leave but an annual battle with Boise would be a blast! Ideally, the two Montana schools and the xDSUs get invited and North and South divisions are created.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Would be a bummer to have two of the "closer" schools leave but an annual battle with Boise would be a blast! Ideally, the two Montana schools and the xDSUs get invited and North and South divisions are created.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    Boise would be a blast, but unfortunately - according to the reports - Boise & San Diego State are just waiting for the second wave of Big 12 expansion after Texas & Oklahoma leave. (2024ish) (Big 12 will be back down to 12 teams)
    Rather than go to the Big 12.