Page 52 of 83 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: What was your favorite JMU dynasty moment?

Default Re: What was your favorite JMU dynasty moment?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Well other than being completely wrong, you’re spot on. Mountain West currently has a football-only member. I’ll let you guess who it is, and I’ll give you a hint: they’re in a very similar position as the XDSUs on schools not wanting to send their non-revenue sports there. You should try the Wikipedia app, you can look up all the information you’re asking for (or incorrectly spouting about) in about 30 seconds.

As far as the rest of the G5, I think it was only the MAC and Conference USA that don’t currently have football-only affiliate memberships. But even those conferences have recently had them. All in situations similar to ours where they didn’t to send non-revenues outside their core geographic footprint.
    MWC, MAC, AAC all currently have FB only schools

Hawaii, UMASS and Navy
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Well other than being completely wrong, you’re spot on. Mountain West currently has a football-only member. I’ll let you guess who it is, and I’ll give you a hint: they’re in a very similar position as the XDSUs on schools not wanting to send their non-revenue sports there. You should try the Wikipedia app, you can look up all the information you’re asking for (or incorrectly spouting about) in about 30 seconds.

As far as the rest of the G5, I think it was only the MAC and Conference USA that don’t currently have football-only affiliate memberships. But even those conferences have recently had them. All in situations similar to ours where they didn’t to send non-revenues outside their core geographic footprint.
    True couldn’t think of one off the top of my head. So you are telling me there is a chance! Where is our invite!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    True couldn’t think of one off the top of my head. So you are telling me there is a chance! Where is our invite!?!?!
    Up your butt and around the corner?
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NovaBison View Post
    Navy in the AAC for Football. all others in the Patriot League

Oh... and UMass was in the MAC for football, they're now independent.

I believe NDSU brings enough gravitas to warrant a "football only" FBS invite... moving the rest of the sports to the same conference makes no sense from a financial standpoint.
    I forgot they were out because of the decline of Full membership, so the MAC currently does not have an Affiliate in FB. Good catch, I remember wondering why they wanted to be Indy when they could have atleast parked their sports in the MAC and searched, they really don't offer anything to the AAC But also understand wanting to have bouncy ball in the A-10
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    Just go independant, problem solved. Get the other indy's on the schedule, a local FCS like UNI, a couple regional FBS like NE, KS, K-State, Mizzou, IA, IS, WI, MN if they arem't chicken add a SEC game too. Pump it the fuck up already!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Just go independant, problem solved. Get the other indy's on the schedule, a local FCS like UNI, a couple regional FBS like NE, KS, K-State, Mizzou, IA, IS, WI, MN if they arem't chicken add a SEC game too. Pump it the fuck up already!!!
    FBS independent worked out well for BYU, Notre Dame, Liberty, Army, but has it worked out well for Idaho, UMass or NMSU? Most of those schools desire a conference but just couldn’t find one suitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Well, a school like NDSU would need a conference. Liberty, for example, has only played in the Cure Bowl which has tie-ins to the Sun Belt and AAC so presumably an independent only gets into that game if the Sun Belt or AAC have nobody interested in it.

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I wandered over to the JMU board to see what they were saying after they played Weber State, and I stumbled upon this gem:

What fan doesn't believe we're a notch above all FCS teams. The two closest are Montana and NDSU. In addition to our facilities, tailgate atmosphere, fan participation, etc., we also put a great product on the field. I'm not sure what fan of JMU needs to hear this because this is the very reason we keep saying we're ready for FBS and have been for at least a decade and probably longer.
    That's right bros, we're inching closer to reaching JMU level heights! I'm sure with only 5 or 6 more national titles we might finally catch them. Of course by then the Ducks will probably have surpassed Alabama so we'll still be chasing them I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by gavin2126 View Post
    I wandered over to the JMU board to see what they were saying after they played Weber State, and I stumbled upon this gem:

That's right bros, we're inching closer to reaching JMU level heights! I'm sure with only 5 or 6 more national titles we might finally catch them. Of course by then the Ducks will probably have surpassed Alabama so we'll still be chasing them I suppose.
    I heard they put a QB in the League.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I heard they put a QB in the League.
    Is that what he is supposed to be? Gross!
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS