Page 48 of 83 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: What was your favorite JMU dynasty moment?

Default Re: What was your favorite JMU dynasty moment?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Any FBS conference with a pulse or bust....Indy or bust. FCS football is 85% garbage and that might be generous. Can't afford to lose JMU...FCS in the southeast has already been gutted.
    Correct. Except for the 85% haha- I would say 95% is still generous.

Basically, if you have no trouble getting an FBS game on your schedule each year - you are garbage.

Right now there is only 1 team that cant get FBS games: NDSU.
    Beyond that there is only 1 team that has to make more than 1 phone call to get an FBS game: JMU
    Beyond that, there is only 1 team where the FBS athletic department has to think about it for 10 seconds before scheduling the game anyways: SDSU

Beyond that, FCS programs can schedule any FBS team they want - assuming theyre intelligent enough to make the phone call in the first place

By my estimation, there are 3 non embarrassing football programs in the FCS based on the respect they receive from other athletic directors at schools where football matters. 3.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    My contention is that college sports are regional and in our region, the FCS schools are our peers (other than Augie.) What happens in California or the East Coast really doesn't affect NDSU much. Example: I freaking hated Jacksonville State when they were in D2 but I didn't really care when they went DI.

If the right FBS conference opportunity comes along, then, yeah, NDSU should jump at it, but it is going to take a mammoth effort to come up with cash for 7-figure coaching salaries and the insane increase in travel expenses (unless we go football only), but the groundwork for this move needed to be done over the last decade: Raising NDSU's academic profile, increasing enrollment to 20k, pumping money into basketball, etc. While some of the work has been done, the best time to start on the rest of it is right now. And right now, NDSU doesn't even have a President - the new hire is going to be critical because nothing will doom a move like this more quickly than having a President who is not 100% behind it.
    I think FB only is pretty much assumed, no?

The previous president (DB) has never deviated from any stance he’s ever taken on anything, and he’s on the record as being anti-FBS. Heck, he’s on the NCAA committee tasked with slaying the FBS. Yes, a tough spot for NDSU and an odd situation for ML and ME.

But this is the super-covid year for FCS teams, so let’s go after the title and shut some people up. Next year FCS will be back to normal, and we’ll have new leadership at NDSU. Realignment at this level is going to be slower than people think.

So the lowest athletic budget in the AAC is north of 50 million. Does NDSU have to have that big of an athletic budget to be in the AAC? NDSU is currently at about half that. Is the media rights for NDSU worth the 7 million dollar payout that the AAC schools each receive?

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    I think FB only is pretty much assumed, no?
    Assumed by Bison fans maybe. Not sure the MWC thinks that way.

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    So the lowest athletic budget in the AAC is north of 50 million. Does NDSU have to have that big of an athletic budget to be in the AAC? NDSU is currently at about half that. Is the media rights for NDSU worth the 7 million dollar payout that the AAC schools each receive?
    Assuming that is total athletic budget, what do their football budgets look like?

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    Not playing the Hoople Allstars it ain't worth 7 million.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Correct. Except for the 85% haha- I would say 95% is still generous.

Basically, if you have no trouble getting an FBS game on your schedule each year - you are garbage.

Right now there is only 1 team that cant get FBS games: NDSU.
    Beyond that there is only 1 team that has to make more than 1 phone call to get an FBS game: JMU
    Beyond that, there is only 1 team where the FBS athletic department has to think about it for 10 seconds before scheduling the game anyways: SDSU

Beyond that, FCS programs can schedule any FBS team they want - assuming theyre intelligent enough to make the phone call in the first place

By my estimation, there are 3 non embarrassing football programs in the FCS based on the respect they receive from other athletic directors at schools where football matters. 3.
    Agree with you assessment. I would say, however, if Sam Houston stays this good (big, big if) they will be added to that list soon. I see they don't have any FBS this year, but they have A & M next year.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Assuming that is total athletic budget, what do their football budgets look like?
    Idk. Conference membership is more than just about football. NDSU aligns more with MAC and Sunbelt budgets. The AAC is out of our league.

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    The ENTIRE point is about everyone BESIDES NDSU. NDSU puts out an incredible product because its an institutional priority. We're embarrassed by everyone ELSE, not NDSU.
    2 things can be true at once:
    1. You can be proud of your team
    AND
    2. You can be disappointed by how f*cking pathetic everyone else is at your level.

These are not mutually exclusive
    This “These are not mutually exclusive” concept, that sounds familiar.

Oh, wait, now I remember……
    When you keep saying things like the above -
    “how pathetic everyone else is” at the (FCS) level -
    And I mention 10-20 teams I find interesting, plus some FCS coaches, plus some improving programs, plus this weekend’s best matchup - JMU @ Weber State - what type Mankato Manifesto do I get for being interested in the FCS:

“1. Yes it is embarrassing to only have 9 FBS wins lol. The fact that youre excited about playing in a league that has a less than .050 winning percentage against FBS teams is embarrassing for you as a human.”

So you deflected the improvements the FCS has made against the FBS and went on some sort of angry rant……
    all because there are things I find interesting about FCS.

How about trying your own
    “These are not mutually exclusive” on those topics?

Do I wish the Bison football team played in the Mountain West?
    Of course.
    But in the meantime I’m going to enjoy what NDSU football is available.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    This “These are not mutually exclusive” concept, that sounds familiar.

Oh, wait, now I remember……
    When you keep saying things like the above -
    “how pathetic everyone else is” at the (FCS) level -
    And I mention 10-20 teams I find interesting, plus some FCS coaches, plus some improving programs, plus this weekend’s best matchup - JMU @ Weber State - what type Mankato Manifesto do I get for being interested in the FCS:

“1. Yes it is embarrassing to only have 9 FBS wins lol. The fact that youre excited about playing in a league that has a less than .050 winning percentage against FBS teams is embarrassing for you as a human.”

So you deflected the improvements the FCS has made against the FBS and went on some sort of angry rant……
    all because there are things I find interesting about FCS.

How about trying your own
    “These are not mutually exclusive” on those topics?

Do I wish the Bison football team played in the Mountain West?
    Of course.
    But in the meantime I’m going to enjoy what NDSU football is available.
    How long do you think you can keep enjoying NDSU football at the FCS level? What would be the tipping point for you where you believe the administration needs to act more aggressively?