Page 44 of 83 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: What was your favorite JMU dynasty moment?

Default What was your favorite JMU dynasty moment?

After 8-10 championships, multiple beat downs of p5 schools (a close score wasn’t an indicator, ndsu dominated those games) when’s enough enough? 13 out of 17 championships impresses close to nobody since the entire country knows ndsu is a p5 caliber program playing at this level.

They’ll never be consistently at the top of fbs. But you can say that about 98% of P5 schools. They have a name to make some noise at that level and that’s a start. Having 3 prior QBs be in the NFL including 2 who were drafted in the top 3 is better than any program in the entire country can say. Baker, kyler and Jalen were all transfers and bamas best pick was Tua at 6 and Mac at 10? Maybe Clemson with Watson and Lawrence? That’s elite company to be in

The goal for the AD has to be getting into a G5 conference and whoring ourselves to hosting a P5 program at this point. From there we actually have options and a future.

This shit right now is embarrassing. Especially if when JMU bails. And quite honestly we’re about 9 years behind the ball here. This thing should’ve been rolling the second GSU moved up after ndsu beat them the second time.

Default Re: What was your favorite JMU dynasty moment?

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    After 8-10 championships, multiple beat downs of p5 schools (a close score wasn’t an indicator, ndsu dominated those games) when’s enough enough? 13 out of 17 championships impresses close to nobody since the entire country knows ndsu is a p5 caliber program playing at this level.

They’ll never be consistently at the top of fbs. But you can say that about 98% of P5 schools. They have a name to make some noise at that level and that’s a start. Having 3 prior QBs be in the NFL including 2 who were drafted in the top 3 is better than any program in the entire country can say. Baker, kyler and Jalen were all transfers and bamas best pick was Tua at 6 and Mac at 10? Maybe Clemson with Watson and Lawrence? That’s elite company to be in

The goal for the AD has to be getting into a G5 conference and whoring ourselves to hosting a P5 program at this point. From there we actually have options and a future.

This shit right now is embarrassing. Especially if when JMU bails. And quite honestly we’re about 9 years behind the ball here. This thing should’ve been rolling the second GSU moved up after ndsu beat them the second time.
    So very true! NDSU is wasting these outstanding years when opportunity is the greatest. Strike when the iron is hot! But no, let's try to stay at the top of a lower level just a while longer. How did that work in D2? Without higher goals NDSU football success will start to fade. Used to get an FBS game every 1 or 2 years. Now lucky to get one in 3 years. The slide has already begun. SDSU is getting more and more attention. Matt Larson is a lame duck AD and just won't risk anything hoping to get his next job at an FBS school. It's time for Bison fans to support a move to FBS.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I think the iron has already cooled.

Lardsin must go!

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Pretty sure the iron has been fazed out now for a more synthetic material.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    I think the iron has already cooled.
    Unfortunately I'd have to agree in a lot of ways. not being proactive on this over the past decade is biting us, and will continue to bite us in the ass regarding this decision. It appears those in charge are probably only thinking about this for the first time NOW, which is deeply shameful.

The iron isnt cooled, but its definitely not white hot like it was for about 7 years in a row in the past decade
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

I'm fascinated about why folks are so convinced that NDSU has not done anything in the background? And a lack of acknowledgment that NDSU is in the middle of nowhere and has a very small fanbase (ie eyeballs) even if those fans are engaged like P5 fans are. Those are very, very difficult issues to overcome when you need a conference invite. I'm convinced we will need to partner again with SDSU to have any prayer to make any movement.

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Unfortunately I'd have to agree in a lot of ways. not being proactive on this over the past decade is biting us, and will continue to bite us in the ass regarding this decision. It appears those in charge are probably only thinking about this for the first time NOW, which is deeply shameful.

The iron isnt cooled, but its definitely not white hot like it was for about 7 years in a row in the past decade
    I don't think you make the move when the "Iron is white hot". There is an argument that it would be a recipe for disaster. I would argue that you need to be able to demonstrate "staying power" through mediocre years of football. Hey everyone is a fan when you are winning. Do they stay a fan when you are 5-7 and you are playing for conference championships vs. a National Championship is a pipe dream? Is the Bison football fan willing to have the same mentality of a Bison Basketball fan?
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    I don't think you make the move when the "Iron is white hot". There is an argument that it would be a recipe for disaster. I would argue that you need to be able to demonstrate "staying power" through mediocre years of football. Hey everyone is a fan when you are winning. Do they stay a fan when you are 5-7 and you are playing for conference championships vs. a National Championship is a pipe dream? Is the Bison football fan willing to have the same mentality of a Bison Basketball fan?
    I think people would be fine with it. Expectations change based on your surroundings.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    The hard core base is pretty strong, but NDSU relies on a lot of bandwagoners to fill the dome.

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I'm fascinated about why folks are so convinced that NDSU has not done anything in the background? And a lack of acknowledgment that NDSU is in the middle of nowhere and has a very small fanbase (ie eyeballs) even if those fans are engaged like P5 fans are. Those are very, very difficult issues to overcome when you need a conference invite. I'm convinced we will need to partner again with SDSU to have any prayer to make any movement.
    Because Lakes knows people who said they haven't!
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]