Page 39 of 83 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: What was your favorite JMU dynasty moment?

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: What was your favorite JMU dynasty moment?

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    I guess you don’t realize that the Twitter post that you are referring to is no more than a fans page and has no official connection with JMU. It’s basically the same as me saying: “according to sources close to the administration, NDSU is one of the last two schools be courted by the Big XII”. Its literally the only post anyplace that is making this claim.
    Laugh if you want, but Chapo is right, they are a lock to go FBS in the next 18 months.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    MY FAV IS WHEN THEY WENT FBS B4 NDSU

what a joke we are becoming
    Twice...............
    If youre so embarrassed you could always quit being a supposed fan and move on down the road.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Twice...............
    If youre so embarrassed you could always quit being a supposed fan and move on down the road.
    You cant be embarrassed of something you love? lol I guess you've never had kids before

Or, alternatively, you are well aware that these things are not mutually exclusive, and are just being intellectually dishonest.

I'll go with the latter
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Chapo has lamented, in the past, the idea of bringing some local travel partners up with us in a fbs move. But is jealous of jmu maybe going to a conference of all (most?) former fcs teams?? That's just fcs with extra steps

If JMU does leave..... I would be supremely disappointed about our level of football. They are quite literally the #1 thing that is making the FCS bearable from a football perspective.

The FCS was awesome... a long time ago. We've watched literally every single exciting program grow bored of the overall lack of talent, funding, attention, fan engagement, donations, and general interest that is a disease for over 98% of FCS programs- and leave. and Guess what???? Its so strange, none of them are begging to come back (although UMASS should lol)??!?!??!!!1!??1/?

NDSU is not embarrassing. the FCS is embarrassing. ITs pathetic. Once upon a time, NDSU would have fit in the subdivision that boasted MANY programs that would consider themselves football schools. Now there are about 3-4.. soon there will be 1-2.

What a joke
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Chapo has lamented, in the past, the idea of bringing some local travel partners up with us in a fbs move. But is jealous of jmu maybe going to a conference of all (most?) former fcs teams?? That's just fcs with extra steps
    well yeah, THAT, and... you know... way the hell better football on the field, national attention, more advertising revenue, better average recruits, overall prestige etc. etc.

I mean, besides those things- its EXACTLY like the FCS!
    3. It's time to go FBS

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    well yeah, THAT, and... you know... way the hell better football on the field, national attention, more advertising revenue, better average recruits, overall prestige etc. etc.

Maybe half of those things are actually true

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post

How many more fans are going to start being a Bison fan in the region? Are we already maxed out? We can’t make anymore ticket sale revenue unless we expand the dome and sell it out. I feel like NDSU has reached its peak and G5 might not make it any better.

Would College Game Day be hosted at NDSU as much if they were an above average G5 team. I feel NDSU gets the publicity it does by being an FCS powerhouse that has become a dynasty that recruits too talent and takes down the P5 when it gets the chance. Will our notoriety be as high as just another G5 team? Even Boise State’s notoriety has fallen these past years after making big undefeated runs in the G5.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Laugh if you want, but Chapo is right, they are a lock to go FBS in the next 18 months.
    Not necessarily. JMU still has an outside chance of being called up. Now would it surprise me? No but calling them a lock is still a bit much. NDSU on the other hand seems to just not want to so I’m losing hope and honestly I’m not happy about it. FCS IS SHIT AND THERE IS NOTHING THAT CAN CHANGE THAT!!! (If) JMU jumps then there’s about 25% of the real contenders out of the running. So dumb!
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Not necessarily. JMU still has an outside chance of being called up. Now would it surprise me? No but calling them a lock is still a bit much. NDSU on the other hand seems to just not want to so I’m losing hope and honestly I’m not happy about it. FCS IS SHIT AND THERE IS NOTHING THAT CAN CHANGE THAT!!! (If) JMU jumps then there’s about 25% of the real contenders out of the running. So dumb!
    According to their message board, their administration is actively pursuing it--multiple contacts with possible conferences...