Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Recruiting Updates

Default Re: 2022 Recruiting Updates

Looks like a great get for the team, really hope we can land Torbor too now.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Same, that'd give us a helluva guard combo with the forwards and center we added this year and last.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    And a reminder on this visit,
    hope they like fireworks too!

https://mobile.twitter.com/RyanJames...11237994336263

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Do we have 2 OPEN scholarships?

I think we have 3 total open for next year as of now.

1- Rocky
    1- Kallman
    1- Greyson Haman had a scholarship granted for this year.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamond2 View Post
    I think we have 3 total open for next year as of now.

1- Rocky
    1- Kallman
    1- Greyson Haman had a scholarship granted for this year.
    Grayson Haman isn't a SR though----

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    Grayson Haman isn't a SR though----
    Correct but he was a walk-on, given a scholarship this year I'm assuming just because we had an unfilled one and will likely go back to walk-on status next season if we fill our recruiting class.

I posted this a while back on Bison Report, so perhaps more eyes on it will help change my guesses.

bruinbison
    Posted on Aug 27th, 9:25 AM, V I P, User Since 69 months ago, User Post Count: 651

With the news that PWO guard Grayson Haman was awarded a scholly, thought I would take a guess (totally a guess) at the scholarship number status.

NDSU basketball, in contrast to NDSU football, has players listed on the roster as if last season never happened - at least for now - which is how the NCAA says it is looking at it. https://gobison.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster

NDSU football has added the year of experience to each player on the roster, depending on if they exceeded the 4 game limit during the spring season.

Dez McKinney - FR - 1

Grant Nelson - FR - 2

Boden Skunberg - FR - 3

*Joshua Streit - FR - 5 years/4 scholarship years as reported

Grayson Haman - FR - 4

Andrew Morgan - FR - 5

Kolbe Rada - FR - PWO

Willie Guy - So - 6

Jarius Cook - So - 7

Maleeck Harden-Hayes - So - 8

Tyree Eady - JR - 9

Sam Griesel - JR - 10

Andrew Kallman - Super Senior - PWO

Rocky Kreuser - Super Senior - 11

- So if Andrew Streit is on scholarship this season, that adds up to 12 total. If not, then 11……for purposes of this note, I’ll guess he is on scholarship this season with next year possibly being the year he is not. The reason I guess that is the numbers of 2022 offers the Bison Coaches have put out there.

Another question I have no guess on is if Grayson Haman’s scholarship is only for this one season, and if it is going to be year-to-year. Perhaps someone will clarify NCAA rules there for me???

That sets up next year, barring any roster attrition, at the following scholly number (again, totally a guess)

Soph (possibly RFr for some) - McKinney, Nelson, Skunberg, Streit*, Haman, Morgan, Rada (PWO) - 5 or 6 scholarship players

JR - Guy, Cook, Harden-Hayes (3)

SR - Eady, Griesel (2)

So a total of 10 or 11 scholarship players. That leaves a total of 2 or 3 available for the 2022 recruiting class. Of course, roster attrition can happen, especially with the extra year involved. A player might decide to graduate and take a job, or pursue pro ball (overseas?).

2022 Offers:

Cole Glasgow - 6’ 2” CG - Dallas Center-Grimes (Grimes, IA)

Tajavis Miller - 6’ 3” PG - Wolfforth TX (Frenship)

Sam Hastreiter - 6’ 7” F - Lincoln NE (Pius X Catholic).

Brady Nicholson - 6’ 9” C - Chaska MN

Tony Osburn - 6’ 2” PG - Mound City MO

Leo Torbor - 6’ 4” - CG - Brooklyn Park MN (Park Center)
    There were actually a couple other 2022 offers, but they committed elsewhere.
    Since this note was written, Leo Torbor was offered and Cole Glasgow has committed to Kansas City.
    Last edited by bruinbison; 09-15-2021 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    I posted this a while back on Bison Report, so perhaps more eyes on it will help change my guesses.

Since this note was written, Cole Glasgow has committed to Kansas City.
    Just wanna note that Eady and Griesel could both choose to move on and not take the extra year. For example Griesel may have some options overseas playing pro ball with the exposure he got playing for the national team. Some of those leagues have roster restrictions on where players are from and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post

Since this note was written, Leo Torbor was offered and Cole Glasgow has committed to Kansas City.
    I was under the impression Kallman was on scholarship this year. If not, that would explain where Haman's scholarship came from. Either way, the way the video of them announcing it made it sound like he would be on scholarship for "this season" which makes me thing he will not be again next year. If he indeed isn't and both Streit and Rada go on scholarship next year that will put us at 11 with 2 to use, we've already signed one so one left. If Streit is on scholarship this year and next year will be the year he won't be or Rada stays PWO for another season then we'd have 3 total, 2 remaining. Lots of moving parts but my assumption is somehow the math is going to work that we can get 2 more commitments.