Page 44 of 84 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Recruiting Updates

BFKasper14 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2022 Recruiting Updates

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Chapo, stay off BV for the weekend; enjoy the Fest.
    Or stay off forever. It would make a lot of people happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One does not simply walk into the FARGODOME...

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I WISH we had more FBS offerred commits (and Military ones or EMU don't count)
    are a majority of these PWO's?
    I'm starting to prefer we get less. Stars are meaningless. They did a study of star athletes during the Eagles Superbowl and there were like two 4 star or higher athletes on both the Eagles and Patriots starting roster combined

All I care is 1) are they big enough and fast enough 2) do they have the frame to develop size and speed and 3) Are they good players 4)are we winning battles vs our peer schools. In a perfect world we can get most of them to our camp

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I am with HerdBot on this one. My personal opinion on this is as follows. It is nice to have the size and it is nice to have the speed, but do they have the heart. Who needs the f'ing star system. As some many have said in many, many threads, that is a rigged system to being with. The staff over the years, and I cannot attest to the start of the Mudra era (I started following the program when I was in high school in the late 70's) seem to find a lot of athletes that have the heart and that buy into the culture. There is no mistaking that the these recruits are athletes, and they all have some pretty outstanding skills, but a "star system" does not measure the heart. The program seems to be able to find very good athletes that have the heart and the will to keep progressing the program. Those that came before them laid the foundation, and continue to be the greatest ambassador's of the program.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hola View Post
    I am with HerdBot on this one. My personal opinion on this is as follows. It is nice to have the size and it is nice to have the speed, but do they have the heart. Who needs the f'ing star system. As some many have said in many, many threads, that is a rigged system to being with. The staff over the years, and I cannot attest to the start of the Mudra era (I started following the program when I was in high school in the late 70's) seem to find a lot of athletes that have the heart and that buy into the culture. There is no mistaking that the these recruits are athletes, and they all have some pretty outstanding skills, but a "star system" does not measure the heart. The program seems to be able to find very good athletes that have the heart and the will to keep progressing the program. Those that came before them laid the foundation, and continue to be the greatest ambassador's of the program.
    Strong agree. Which is a point of concern for me recently. Last year vs SIU was the first time I can remember watching an ndsu team straight up quit. Need more heart and less stars. Do we think the current staff is getting the "right" guys. Losing a couple head on guys to UND makes me want to up-chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Strong agree. Which is a point of concern for me recently. Last year vs SIU was the first time I can remember watching an ndsu team straight up quit. Need more heart and less stars. Do we think the current staff is getting the "right" guys. Losing a couple head on guys to UND makes me want to up-chuck
    Yes, I do concur, I have never watched a game quite like that. In regard to the "right" guys, I guess time, more specifically, this fall, should give us a pretty good idea.

The guys we're losing to UND are the Moorhead kids. That's what happens when you ignore (probably a strong word but not recruit) a school for a few years. The best recruiters are former players. Feeney committed 3 weeks after we had gotten a commitment from Cole Payton. Trey Lance wouldn't even declare for the draft for 3 more months

We really missed out on Weah and he's the best guy and he and Feeney have helped recruit players.

But at the end of the day, the end result is a team with a ton of Moorhead High players playing college football. Some may be Chase Morlock or Weah good. Others may never see the field

Although Altepeter is the highest rated player from Moorhead

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The guys we're losing to UND are the Moorhead kids. That's what happens when you ignore a school for a few years. The best recruiters are former players. Feeney committed months before Trey Lance declared for the NFL draft and we had just gotten a commitment from Cole Payton 3 weeks earlier.

We really missed out on Weah and he's the best guy.

But at the end of the day, the end result is a team with a ton of Moorhead High players playing college football. Some may be Chase Morlock or Weah good. Others may never see the field

Although Altepeter is the highest rated player from Moorhead
    More talking altepeter, was there a Tieken? Local? Missed a WR I believe. Weah hurt. Similar story to Crockett imo. I'm not punting on the staff but this year is very important to me. Watching if we celebrate as individuals after plays or as a team. Are we showboating in tight games or stepping in throats. Need the nasty, team first attitude

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I'll take eleven Brock Jensens every day of the week.

I love you Brock Jensen.

Lardsin must go!

More talking altepeter, was there a Tieken? Local? Missed a WR I believe. Weah hurt. Similar story to Crockett imo. I'm not punting on the staff but this year is very important to me. Watching if we celebrate as individuals after plays or as a team. Are we showboating in tight games or stepping in throats. Need the nasty, team first attitude
    Personally I would rather recruit a bunch of small town North Dakota kids than the entire Moorhead team. I was shocked when I heard we didn't offer Bo Belquist. That one actually pissed me off. Sure enough, he's one of the better receivers on their team.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Personally I would rather recruit a bunch of small town North Dakota kids than the entire Moorhead team. I was shocked when I heard we didn't offer Bo Belquist. That one actually pissed me off. Sure enough, he's one of the better receivers on their team.
    Told me all I needed to know when some nd kids didn't come back for spring ball. I quit on this team. Funny thing is I'm all in on the 49ers. Probably because I liked them as a kid.

Lardsin must go!