Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Go Sam !!

Default Re: Let's Go Sam !!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Kid still ain’t got nothing on Cole Payton as well see next year.
    I mean I wouldn't mind a year or two of the Quincey Patterson Project but if the South Paw from Omaha wants to counter spin his shit early... Let's do it!

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I mean I wouldn't mind a year or two of the Quincey Patterson Project but if the South Paw from Omaha wants to counter spin his shit early... Let's do it!
    I’m all for a wild Quincy package out of the delta formation.

Which hopefully roehl will call more than twice this coming year. Wtf.
    This space for rent. DM for rates.

Oh this is a deja-vu of Carson - RJ , TD in the final 20 seconds of the semi-finals game in Fargodome.

MontBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Yes please tell me you did this.
    Decided to pass. Instead I got to shoot the shit with Justin Jefferson on the ride up #humblebrag. What a world.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Wrong , first touching by the kicking team is where the ball should be spotted. Indy????
    Not if it crosses the goal line.
    I didn't see the play so I'll have to reply generically. In NCAA rules it's called illegal touching and not first touching (HS rule terminology). On a punt illegal touching occurs when a member of the kicking team touches the kick beyond the neutral zone before it is touched by the receiving team. There can be multiple spots of illegal touching. The receiving team can generally take the ball at any of the spots of illegal touching (exceptions involve penalty acceptance but it doesn't sound like that applies here). If the illegal touching spot is in the receiving team's end zone and they take that spot then the receiving team will next put the ball in play at their 20. The ball doesn't become dead from illegal touching unless the ball is possessed by the kicking team or the kicking team touches a kick at rest.

If the kick is touched by the kicking team at the B3 and then again in B's end zone, both are spots of illegal touching. If the ball is batted back into the field of play from the end zone, B can recover it and advance. They still have the option of taking the ball at their 20 if they don't return it that far.

Does that explanation address what happened in this play? What did the crew do?

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I didn't see the play so I'll have to reply generically. In NCAA rules it's called illegal touching and not first touching (HS rule terminology). On a punt illegal touching occurs when a member of the kicking team touches the kick beyond the neutral zone before it is touched by the receiving team. There can be multiple spots of illegal touching. The receiving team can generally take the ball at any of the spots of illegal touching (exceptions involve penalty acceptance but it doesn't sound like that applies here). If the illegal touching spot is in the receiving team's end zone and they take that spot then the receiving team will next put the ball in play at their 20. The ball doesn't become dead from illegal touching unless the ball is possessed by the kicking team or the kicking team touches a kick at rest.

If the kick is touched by the kicking team at the B3 and then again in B's end zone, both are spots of illegal touching. If the ball is batted back into the field of play from the end zone, B can recover it and advance. They still have the option of taking the ball at their 20 if they don't return it that far.

Does that explanation address what happened in this play? What did the crew do?
    Pretty much. Receiving team gets most favorable spot until the ball comes to rest. Touch at 30 rolls to 5. Get ball at 30. Touch at 1 rolls into endzones. Touchback, get ball at 20.

Quote Originally Posted by MontBison View Post
    Decided to pass. Instead I got to shoot the shit with Justin Jefferson on the ride up #humblebrag. What a world.
    Holy shit, seriously?
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Pretty much. Receiving team gets most favorable spot until the ball comes to rest. Touch at 30 rolls to 5. Get ball at 30. Touch at 1 rolls into endzones. Touchback, get ball at 20.
    Is that what happened in this game?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

sat with JJ? awesome!!

good Sam ....Fan video below

https://www.instagram.com/p/CO8-Dubp...d=imr6oqaa5usb
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Is that what happened in this game?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Touched at 1 but then another kick coverage player immediately batted it into the endzone for a called touchback. So quick ball was never at rest and blown dead. Bam bam play.