Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: SIU Post Game Thread

Default Re: SIU Post Game Thread

How much was the strength and conditioning program interrupted with COVID? It really is hard to gauge talent when you’re young and development was stymied all offseason with interruptions.

Well this game definitely exposed a few things. The NDSU offense over the years has definitely morphed into a dual threat QB type offense. Zeb is not that. I think the offense would be fine with Zeb, if we could still pound the ball with the running backs, and then play action off of that. We were not able to do that today. So if they take away the base running game, can Zeb be successful in that environment? Play calling did not help. So the jury is out on that. I think there was a bit of arrogance on the coaching side as well.

As mentioned with the defense, the LB corps is a bit light and to have the defense on the field so much, they definitely wore down. The LBs are fast, but if feels like the LB corps is built to stop a spread like offense more than a physical offense. Having just said that, and has been mentioned in other posts, physicality is a benchmark of the Bison offense. So to get beat that way makes you wonder the developmental aspect of this team.

So we have a one dimensional QB, a run game that suffered, a defense that wore down, and a coaching staff that thought the way it has worked the last 10 years would eventually work today.

Definitely time to go back to work.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonduck View Post
    How much was the strength and conditioning program interrupted with COVID? It really is hard to gauge talent when you’re young and development was stymied all offseason with interruptions.
    Unfortunately that isn't exclusive to NDSU. SIU also had to deal with COVID. We can argue that we lost more upperclassmen than SIU, and that may be true, but we also have been touting our recruiting talent and depth; so, I don't see it as an excuse. We got outcoached and outplayed.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I thought we might be down a little and would lose a game this spring but didn’t expect anything like what we saw today. Can we cancel the rest of this spring and start all over in the fall?....seriously!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Can we cancel the rest of this spring and start all over in the fall?....seriously!
    Barney and the boys got a petition to play spring ball every year dude.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Bison View Post
    Unfortunately that isn't exclusive to NDSU. SIU also had to deal with COVID. We can argue that we lost more upperclassmen than SIU, and that may be true, but we also have been touting our recruiting talent and depth; so, I don't see it as an excuse. We got outcoached and outplayed.
    I get that but the advantage of a stellar strength and conditioning program is somewhat mitigated. It impacts NDSU more.

I think you have to take the season with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by gully View Post
    i think they misunderstood when someone told them to take a knee

man, that was bad. Not a good team.
    boom!!!!!!!!!!!
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by BisonHorns View Post
    I think Gizmo's comment about going D2 is in jest to every winn being followed by calls to go FBS.
    Finally, someone who gets it. 🍻

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Who's this gizmo fuckhead? Is he a fawker fan? Win 8 nattys; then you can come on here and start jacking off.
    Apparently, she is the only one on Bisonville a sense of humor and the realization that it’s only one football game.

Any D coordinator with two brain cells to rub together is going to put 8 in the box against us and send pressure. Apparently we can’t run against that and we can’t pass against it either.