Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Central Arkansas Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: Central Arkansas Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I'm too lazy to find the KVLY sucks thread:

If there's a silver lining in only playing one game this year it's that I don't have to deal with KVLY for several more months. Week in, week out. Year in, year out. Same bullshit issues with cameras, not getting back to action from pointless cuts.

And Lee. Fucking. Timmerman.

Speaking of Lee. Let's take 5 looks at a slow motion helmet to helmet shot from 3 different angles.

"Led with the crown of his helmet? I just can't see it."

GTFO
    CoNvIcTeD fElOn DoNaLd TrUmP

Trey needs to play in Spring if not longer!

Guys...its ok that a good FCS team came in here and played us tough and we still came out with a two score win. This wasn’t Mississippi Valley State. They were the 8 seed in the playoffs last year. Not every win can be a blowout. Started out slow, but came through when it mattered most. Trey had over 300 total yards and 4 TDs. Pretty damn good.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    I'd say no FCS QB should really be leaving early.

I recognize Trey is special. Once a generation type player. I could see him leaving a year early.

Leaving now? 17 games? It's laughable and I blame the media.

And Lakes.

Lakes and the media.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    true this......

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Guys...its ok that a good FCS team came in here and played us tough and we still came out with a two score win. This wasn’t Mississippi Valley State. They were the 8 seed in the playoffs last year. Not every win can be a blowout. Started out slow, but came through when it mattered most. Trey had over 300 total yards and 4 TDs. Pretty damn good.
    I don't think anyone is discrediting UCA or the score. The issue is the game never should have happened. The reason it happened is bullshit. We had everything at risk (and presumably lost one of our star offensive players for spring) and gained what? We got one guy in front of NFL scouts where he completed 50% of his passes?

It's just stupid.

My thoguhts:
    1. Game plan looked to be tailored to showcasing Trey throwing in the pocket in the first half...which isn't what makes him special. He was bad early on but once he got into the flow of the game late, he looked much better. On good days, he reminds me of a young, more athletic Deshaun Watson (dynamic, move well in and out the pocket, accurate deep ball). Today, he more reminded me of a normal Mitch Trubisky game (Athletic, flashed on some throws, some bad decisions, way too inconsistent)
    2. Defense has some issues. Line didn't get much pressure. Linebackers are fast and seemed to tackle well, I just worry that they'll get enveloped against some of the good valley lines. I thought they played waaaaaay too much zone overall too.
    3. Watson may have been the worst player on the field today. Not sure what the deal was there.
    4. Wilson and Luepke were great and we needed them.
    5. Corner worries me. Talbert played well in the first half and then imploded in the second half. Having a corner blow assignments is a death knell.

2) Welcome back Seth Wilson. He deserves to be the feature back....I know we'll go by committee per usual but I really hope Seth has the year he deserves.
    4) Hunter was my pre-covid pick for break out player of the year. I stand by that prediction.
    3) Agree, Wilson should be a starter
    4) Tyler Roehl 2.0? Get your Roehl on

All that matters is IF there is a spring season, we won't win shit playing like we did today. They have about 5 months to figure it out.

I'm too lazy to find the KVLY sucks thread:

If there's a silver lining in only playing one game this year it's that I don't have to deal with KVLY for several more months. Week in, week out. Year in, year out. Same bullshit issues with cameras, not getting back to action from pointless cuts.

And Lee. Fucking. Timmerman.
    When you're right, you're right.