Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Gutless NDSU decision

Default Re: Gutless NDSU decision

Watch Governor Burgum’s press conference on Thursday. I totally expect him to lower the boom and move to “Orange” risk levels for several counties, thus closing all but essential businesses, just like last Spring. Go out to your pubs, bars & restaurants before Thursday. If we’re lucky, he will make it effective after the game, but I’m expecting it before the game.

I'm utterly shocked that people are this hyped to watch a completely irrelevant, noncompetitive, meaningless, game against a garbage opponent. If anything, this game is a tiny taste of what you won't be getting this fall with what could have been unarguably the greatest NDSU football team ever. I honestly believe they were going to use this year's team, with a scheduled game with Oregon, 2 potential 1st round picks, as a possibly screentest on a recent move up to FBS and that has been completely derailed.

Here's a thought...watch at home. People going out is why we can't have nice things. Bitch and moan about leadership all you want. It's time for people to have some personal accountability and think about the greater good.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    I'm utterly shocked that people are this hyped to watch a completely irrelevant, noncompetitive, meaningless, game against a garbage opponent. If anything, this game is a tiny taste of what you won't be getting this fall with what could have been unarguably the greatest NDSU football team ever. I honestly believe they were going to use this year's team, with a scheduled game with Oregon, 2 potential 1st round picks, as a possibly screentest on a recent move up to FBS and that has been completely derailed.
    No chance. I haven't seen any action or ideas out of Matt Larson. I haven't been one of the people raging on and on about "moving up" or other things, but think about it, what has Matt Larson really brought to the program that wasn't already here? I just don't see reason to be excited anymore. It looks like the best players are leaving early and there isn't a compelling schedule (I know it's not easy). So we can (hopefully) watch them destroy Indiana State for the 10th time next spring....great. Changing the plans this late before a game when people have travel plans, etc. is just another slap in the face.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    Here's a thought...watch at home. People going out is why we can't have nice things. Bitch and moan about leadership all you want. It's time for people to have some personal accountability and think about the greater good.
    Watching parents on the news with no masks crying about no full time in person classes makes me want to tell them to look in the mirror for the source of their problem.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I agree. Now every bar with be packed instead.
    I doubt anywhere will be packed for what is going to amount to a scrimmage.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    No chance. I haven't seen any action or ideas out of Matt Larson. I haven't been one of the people raging on and on about "moving up" or other things, but think about it, what has Matt Larson really brought to the program that wasn't already here? I just don't see reason to be excited anymore. It looks like the best players are leaving early and there isn't a compelling schedule (I know it's not easy). So we can (hopefully) watch them destroy Indiana State for the 10th time next spring....great. Changing the plans this late before a game when people have travel plans, etc. is just another slap in the face.
    This is exactly how I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Where's the program supposed to go that it isn't already? The school, administration, and higher ups have all maintained that NDSU will not be moving up to FBS long before Larson was here. It's most likely he's doing what he's told with that direction. People cry about lack of games, but yes it's absolutely possibly he couldn't get one P5 team to bite. That isn't far fetched. Gene Taylor always said himself NDSU should always be in that 2nd tier of conferences. He moved on because he knew it and there wasn't anymore that he could do here.

The school is as far as its going to go until it decides it does want to move up. That isn't Matt Larson's decision.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I doubt anywhere will be packed for what is going to amount to a scrimmage.
    If it is packed, it will be cleared out by the end of the first quarter when the score is 21+ to 0.

In my opinion, Matt Larsen is a spineless coward. Fuck him.