Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on 2020 attendance

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Thoughts on 2020 attendance

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    If they refund all tickets and Teammaker dues, how are they going to fund the athletic department next season? Football pays the bills.
    The very real possibility that if there is no football or a significant impact of fans attending games, some athletic programs may not survive. Schools will cut minor sports and smaller schools may cut or suspend athletics entirely. Some small private schools with smaller endowments may close entirely. I hope none of that happens.

Losing the 2019 NCAA tournament hurt the NCAA in general and by trickle down to is members individual schools. Losing football revenue will have a greater impact to the individual schools.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    The very real possibility that if there is no football or a significant impact of fans attending games, some athletic programs may not survive. Schools will cut minor sports and smaller schools may cut or suspend athletics entirely. Some small private schools with smaller endowments may close entirely. I hope none of that happens.

Losing the 2019 NCAA tournament hurt the NCAA in general and by trickle down to is members individual schools. Losing football revenue will have a greater impact to the individual schools.

agree with INDY. It's going to be very ugly without Big Dance money, if there are no games and they lose the TV revenue? WHOA that would be a death blow
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Might also end up being a good thing. Weed out some of these schools that never should have been D1 to begin with and perhaps cause a reshuffle of the entire deck which many of us have been expecting to happen for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    agree with INDY. It's going to be very ugly without Big Dance money, if there are no games and they lose the TV revenue? WHOA that would be a death blow
    So you're saying the Bison could be the FCS champions forever if there is never another FCS season?
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    So you're saying the Bison could be the FCS champions forever if there is never another FCS season?
    We’re probably champions forever even if life goes back to normal.

This is what the governor needs to name lakes head of an exploratory committee to find us an fbs conference.
    CoNvIcTeD fElOn DoNaLd TrUmP

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    we will let them take all of it. it's already been given to them.

someone screenshot wannabe hulk Hogan so he sees this
    Since you have admitted in the past that you have no plans to join TM and arent a TM member therefore dont donate to TM what are you allowing them to "take all of "????????
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Urbana University in Ohio yesterday announced it was shutting down. Not a huge school, but they did sponsor 18 sports at the D2 level.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...us/3002171001/

I doubt they will be the last to either close the school or athletic department.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Might also end up being a good thing. Weed out some of these schools that never should have been D1 to begin with and perhaps cause a reshuffle of the entire deck which many of us have been expecting to happen for awhile.
    Also sports like soccer, volleyball, track, softball, swimming may be dropped at every school. There is no way this is a good thing for schools and athletics.

Also sports like soccer, volleyball, track, softball, swimming may be dropped at every school. There is no way this is a good thing for schools and athletics.

Those can't be dropped unless the school is sponsoring more then the NCAA requires. It's time to cut the fat, far over due, too bad so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Those can't be dropped unless the school is sponsoring more then the NCAA requires. It's time to cut the fat, far over due, too bad so sad.
    Very true and agreed...….as long as fat trimming is fair and even across the board in men's and women's sports; otherwise, there's this nasty little Fed thingy called Title IX that schools will have to deal with.