Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: US Bank Stadium...

Default Re: US Bank Stadium...

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Zero chance a P5 would play a neutral site game at US Bank Stadium. Probably less then 10% chance a G5 team would as well. What regional FCS fanbase would bring a lot of people? SDSU? USD? UNI? First of all, no they would not. And second, no school would ever give up a conference home game. The only reason this game is being played there is because they can draw a huge crowd; 37,000 for their game at Target Field and 19,500 for their game at Allianz Field. Throw in the fact this will be the last game they will EVER play against other in a rivalry game 119 years old. There is a reason this game needs a huge venue. Yes, NDSU fans travel and have lots of fans in MSP. But I am just wondering what team would come there to okay the Bison. Would 40,000 come watch another beatdown of a Pioneer team? Doubt it. Hope something can work out in the future at going to a Bison game in an NFL stadium would be awesome!!
    False! SDSU played and lost to D3 UW Lacrosse and UND lost to NAIA USF.

so SJU and STU can continue playing, especially if STU is in the Pioneer as Non Scholly.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    The options are pretty limited. Some possibilities imo.

St Thomas
    Yale or Harvard
    JMU
    UCF
    NIU
    CO State
    Cincinnati
    Montana
    Why would any of them show up other than St. Thomas?

I cant think of a reason for any of them other than JMU.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Why would any of them show up other than St. Thomas?

I cant think of a reason for any of them other than JMU.
    The only reason Yale or Harvard would come is if they feel there's a large enough donor base there for them, Harvard has played in San Diego and DC for this purpose.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Army. Navy. Air Force.

Do we have any one on defense appropriations?

--update--

somebody give Senator Hoeven a call...
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I would love a big neutral site game against Montana. Too bad there isn't a big city roughly between us with a big ass stadium, I think NDSU and Montana together could sell 50k or more if it's driving distance for both.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I still think there is ZERO chance of ever getting a FBS school to play a neutral site game, ain't gonna happen. But yes I think against SDSU or JMU we could possible sell out. Not sure how an SDSU game would work because the purpose of these is to fill the gap left behind by no FBS as an out of conference game. Neither school will want to give up a home game for this as it's hard enough to fill home schedules with quality games the way it is.
    If the money is there I think they would. But yeah it would make for a pretty crappy home schedule for NDSU, could affect season ticket sales I guess.

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Air Force and Navy are both in conferences and have OOC games against each other and Notre Dame...Army is still and Independent...they might take a run at it...the coach is the old Georgia Southern Coach...he might want another shot at the Bison.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    Army. Navy. Air Force.

Do we have any one on defense appropriations?

--update--

somebody give Senator Hoeven a call...

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    I would love a big neutral site game against Montana. Too bad there isn't a big city roughly between us with a big ass stadium, I think NDSU and Montana together could sell 50k or more if it's driving distance for both.
    NDSU vs Montana in Denver. Large stadium, neutral site.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    NDSU vs Montana in Denver. Large stadium, neutral site.
    I'd love that. Tons of cheap flights to Denver from all over. I wonder if we could put 50k in Mile High?

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

NDSU vs UNI would be pretty great there. I'm guessing UNI fans would travel better than SDSU fans.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.