Page 186 of 390 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196236286 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Our DLine is a bit of a concern for me in this game but not because of size. We just didn't have the same quality of player this last year on the DLine especially in the middle. Will that area be better next year? I hope so. But this is also coming from a place of being completely spoiled and consistently having the best D and DLine in the league for years.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    No not really. It does not really assume anything at all about Oregon. It simply says that our guys will be well conditioned. They will be able to play a full sixty minutes and more perhaps even when pushing around peeps who outweigh them by some amount. NDSU won't wear down.
    You beat me to it. Both teams obviously will be well-conditioned. We're just saying that for an FCS school, NDSU's conditioning is a lot closer (and frankly proven better) than many FBS schools.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    No not really. It does not really assume anything at all about Oregon. It simply says that our guys will be well conditioned. They will be able to play a full sixty minutes and more perhaps even when pushing around peeps who outweigh them by some amount. NDSU won't wear down.
    When he says that conditioning has given NDSU the advantage, that is clearly comparing NDSU to their opponent, in this case Oregon.

Maybe I misunderstood.

No way NDSU is pushing Oregon around at the LOS. That’s not a “NDSU is bad at the LOS” thing Oregon has just been excellent on the lines.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Our DLine is a bit of a concern for me in this game but not because of size. We just didn't have the same quality of player this last year on the DLine especially in the middle. Will that area be better next year? I hope so. But this is also coming from a place of being completely spoiled and consistently having the best D and DLine in the league for years.
    DL will be good for FCS, but think it could be argued that it will be our worst line during this championship run

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Our strength and conditioning coach spends the entire day on strength and conditioning. Doesn't waste an hour styling his mustache just bics and lifts. Advantage NDSU.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by seaduck View Post
    When he says that conditioning has given NDSU the advantage, that is clearly comparing NDSU to their opponent, in this case Oregon.

Maybe I misunderstood.

No way NDSU is pushing Oregon around at the LOS.
    My comment was in response to a poster here saying that because NDSU's DLinemen are undersized and lack length and speed (assumption) that Oregon would likely wear them down in the 4th quarter. I was just pointing out another factor that plays into the "4th quarter wear-down" argument.

I absolutely agree that on paper this is a clear advantage for Oregon. Conditioning could cut into this advantage a little, and I'm just basing that on a couple of P5 games where NDSU eventually was winning the LOS battles against well-conditioned, big, long, P5 linemen.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    My comment was in response to a poster here saying that because NDSU's DLinemen are undersized and lack length and speed (assumption) that Oregon would likely wear them down in the 4th quarter. I was just pointing out another factor that plays into the "4th quarter wear-down" argument.

I absolutely agree that on paper this is a clear advantage for Oregon. Conditioning could cut into this advantage a little, and I'm just basing that on a couple of P5 games where NDSU eventually was winning the LOS battles against well-conditioned, big, long, P5 linemen.
    That’s fair. It seems like even NDSU fans aren’t very confident in your D Line this year so I just don’t see that as somewhere you can expect any advantage.

NDSU is well known (not nearly as much as Oregon) for a well run S & C program.

Having a 300+ pound lineman isn't difficult. But getting them at or beyond 300# without looking like they swallowed a small child can be a big challenge.

NDSU has done a great job with this concept. I love this pic from Bison Illustrated.

These 6 guys averaged 306# on the 2018 roster, but don't have the unsightly enormous gut that is seen on a lot dudes that heavy.

https://www.bisonillustrated.com/vet...ffensive-line/

Quote Originally Posted by seaduck View Post
    That’s fair. It seems like even NDSU fans aren’t very confident in your D Line this year so I just don’t see that as somewhere you can expect any advantage.
    I agree in the confidence level of this particular group. We lost our biggest impact player in Derek Tuska (potential draft pick/UDFA signee). Just saying if we do fail, I don't think conditioning will have much to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Our strength and conditioning coach spends the entire day on strength and conditioning. Doesn't waste an hour styling his mustache just bics and lifts. Advantage NDSU.
    That mustache has been proven to add up to ~ 14.5-15% on players' endurance levels after the third quarter.
    Just from looking at at. Sometimes touching it. Gently.