Page 185 of 390 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235285 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    You are overvaluing size. Good, strong, explosive 280lb linemen can easily hold their own against 320lb guys. It has far more to do with scheme, execution and the skill level of players. I wouldn’t mind having a larger, athletic back but we’ve done well with 210 lb guys
    You’re right that explosiveness, length, etc. can overcome some of that weight difference. But Oregon’s linemen aren’t going to be less athletic just because they have a size advantage (I’m not saying that you said that either).

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Deep! Deepest and probably the most talented group that we’ve had.
    I can get behind this statement but I feel like this group is more high level college type players and not the NFL bodies we've had in the past. Or am I just wrong on that?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I can get behind this statement but I feel like this group is more high level college type players and not the NFL bodies we've had in the past. Or am I just wrong on that?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Nothing wrong with that though, sounds like an impressive group. If Oregon has an NFL guy in the group it would have to be the incoming freshman because Verdell and Dye are good college backs but IMO neither project well to the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NEBison View Post
    Probably the deepest position they have. Lost 2 from last year but really just one, will have 2 of their top 3(Cofield & Johnson) as well as what was probably considered the RB1(Seth Wilson) going into fall camp last year before he tore his ACL. Also have a kid(Jalen Bussey) who redhsirted last year but played the 4 games. Bussey is small but an absolute burner. Idk his 100 meter high school times off the top but they are really impressive.
    Bussey's first two carries in collegiate football last year in the words of Jeff Culhane:

"... and there he goes!!!"
    "... and there he goes again!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by seaduck View Post
    You’re right that explosiveness, length, etc. can overcome some of that weight difference. But Oregon’s linemen aren’t going to be less athletic just because they have a size advantage (I’m not saying that you said that either).
    Conditioning plays a big part here, and that is what has given us the advantage in both of our highest profile P5 wins.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Conditioning plays a big part here, and that is what has given us the advantage in both of our highest profile P5 wins.
    Right, but again that assumes that Oregon won’t be well conditioned, which just isn’t going to happen.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

When I watched Clemson vs Ohio state and the announcers where talking about Ohio state's o line and how big it is I remember thinking holy shit ndsu's o line is the same size if not a couple lbs heavier. Return all but one guy next year. 2 if you count TE I guess.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonduck View Post
    Honestly, I would give two shits about it. I haven’t memorized any of your score lines. I look at depth charts, returning experience, and match up issues.

I saw 180 pound corners, one backer over 225 and both DTs under 290. I see the 4th quarter being tough row to hoe for NDSU. I’ve already seen the rebuttals to this about rotation and invoking the spirit of Bison past. It’s a really tough matchup for your inexperienced and light DL.
    Honestly weight is overrated when looking at matchups.

Quote Originally Posted by seaduck View Post
    Right, but again that assumes that Oregon won’t be well conditioned, which just isn’t going to happen.
    No not really. It does not really assume anything at all about Oregon. It simply says that our guys will be well conditioned. They will be able to play a full sixty minutes and more perhaps even when pushing around peeps who outweigh them by some amount. NDSU won't wear down.

I recall seeing some report about the all world class Iowa strength and conditioning program and there was some video to go along with that. This was prior to their meeting with NDSU. I did not feel that Iowa was either stronger nor better conditioned than NDSU. I'll be shocked if we ever do encounter a school that is such.

Quote Originally Posted by QB11SD View Post
    How do NDSU fans feel about the runningback position?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One of our strengths next year and pretty nuch every year since 2006.