Page 48 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Semifinals: NDSU v Montana State

Default Re: 2019 Semifinals: NDSU v Montana State

Quote Originally Posted by cats2506 View Post
    Damn right it was for a good reason, MSU moved the game to Friday because of graduation, the game was originally scheduled for Saturday on ESPN2/U in Sacramento. The decision had nothing to do with rating.
    There is no Saturday ESPN2/U time slot for an FCS quarterfinal. ESPN had these TV spots set long in advance. The only thing to be determined is what teams will be playing in those spots. ESPN also gives zero shits about when commencement is at your school if they want your game on in that time slot. NDSU had to scramble back in December 2012 to move commencement from the Fargodome to elsewhere because ESPN wanted them on the Friday night semi and NDSU had commencement scheduled for that Friday afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Exactly. Do you think espn/abc wants Montana St on their airwaves? They were resorted to ESPN3 last weekend and for good reason. Bar owners in frisco have kids to send to college. The 5300 fans who'll travel there wont make a dent in that.

A lot of people lose if the wildcats pull off the stunner
    They moved the game to ESPN3 because Montana State wanted the game moved to Friday night due to graduation.

Oh..and it's laughable that you think ABC/ESPN care whether or not NDSU makes the final or not. Outside of FCS fans...nobody cares. I live in the Twin Cities....and nobody seems to understand what the FCS level is, unless you went to school at one of those schools. To everyone else...it's Division II.

Quote Originally Posted by cats2506 View Post
    Damn right it was for a good reason, MSU moved the game to Friday because of graduation, the game was originally scheduled for Saturday on ESPN2/U in Sacramento. The decision had nothing to do with rating.
    Lolololol ok pud. You can have both on the same day.

NDSU only did it for 7 straight years.

The last time Montana state was in the semis these games were likely radio-only so can we really fault them for not understanding how these decisions were made?

Quote Originally Posted by minnesotabobcat View Post
    They moved the game to ESPN3 because Montana State wanted the game moved to Friday night due to graduation.

Oh..and it's laughable that you think ABC/ESPN care whether or not NDSU makes the final or not. Outside of FCS fans...nobody cares. I live in the Twin Cities....and nobody seems to understand what the FCS level is, unless you went to school at one of those schools. To everyone else...it's Division II.
    It helps to have a national name which ndsu is vs Montana st. Do you think montana st makes headlines on national websites for head coach hires the same way NDSU does?

I put zero merit in the college football knowledge of the twin cities. Every Minnesotan, like myself, knows its a pro sports metro.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    The last time Montana state was in the semis these games were likely radio-only so can we really fault them for not understanding how these decisions were made?
    It is funny watching little brother not having a clue about the playoffs. What do we do? Where do we go? It's like the first day of Jr high and you don't know where your home room is..... Scary but exciting at the same time and you have to ask for directions.

So cute!

Even their coach is in uncharted water and his pussy comments prove it

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    AG1 - by himself at the West Acres food court

Quote Originally Posted by ALPHAGRIZ1 View Post
    It is funny watching little brother not having a clue about the playoffs. Even their coach is in uncharted water and his pussy comments prove it

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    It is kind of hard to square their tough "we're so successful" talk with all this bush league nonsense.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    There is no Saturday ESPN2/U time slot for an FCS quarterfinal. ESPN had these TV spots set long in advance. The only thing to be determined is what teams will be playing in those spots. ESPN also gives zero shits about when commencement is at your school if they want your game on in that time slot. NDSU had to scramble back in December 2012 to move commencement from the Fargodome to elsewhere because ESPN wanted them on the Friday night semi and NDSU had commencement scheduled for that Friday afternoon.
    MSU did move the game from Sat to Fri, they began negations with the NCAA the week before the 2nd round games, NCAA approved it when Sac lost.

It helps to have a national name which ndsu is vs Montana st. Do you think montana st makes headlines on national websites for head coach hires the same way NDSU does?

I put zero merit in the college football knowledge of the twin cities. Every Minnesotan, like myself, knows its a pro sports metro.
    Actually yes...because nobody cares who either school hires on a national level..yet both schools get a small blurb on ESPN and other sports websites. I'm pretty sure your school isn't as big of a name as you would like to believe...as you guys are confused with UND just as often as we are confused with UM.