Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Womens BB New beginning

Default Re: Womens BB New beginning

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    that #5 freshman w 18 points looked sharp
    New faces it look for Cobbins and Scales to help this team with the returning players VanGool looked good as well.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

The coach is trying to change an entire decade + of a losing and incompetent basketball culture. I don't think you can read anything out of 1 game regardless of who it's played against and what the result is. I would expect the team to struggle all year and finish with a subpar record again, but the most important thing is how the team competes on a given night and its flow throughout the season. If it has better results in the 2nd half of conference play then that should be a good indication that the program is stepping in the right direction. Hope he can turn it around he seems to be doing things the right way.

@ UNI
    8-24 after 1st, 30-48 at half.
    All the same problems we've talked about for years.
    Too many turnovers, not enough defense, lack of talent, etc.
    Thankfully it's only the first game. Lots of work to do in the future.

I don’t think anyone has any misconceptions, this is a full multi-year rebuild.

For this year I would honestly just like to see the following:

-Out-hustle our opponents
    -Better team defense
    -More team awareness

There’s a lot of low hanging fruit we can improve upon before coaching, growth, recruiting all catch up

63-95 Final.

Roster needs to be turned over. Need to turn the page, cut loose euro players who have no concept of defense. I'm sure this coach will rebuild this team the right way.

This is a tough way to start. Since Brooke LeMar left we have not had a solid point guard to handle ball pressure.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

There are four freshmen on the roster. Walseth signed three of them in the early signing period last November: Nicole Scales, Emily Behnke, and Olivia Skibiel. Coach Collins was hired after the spring signing date and he brought in Ryan Cobbins. Cobbins is in the starting five and has made an impact already. Coach Collins also brought in two transfers: Heaven Hamling from Stephen F Austin and Marie Olson from SMU. They both have to sit out a year due to transfer rules and will be sophomores next season.

I don't see a huge turnaround in year one. Let's hope the coaching staff can improve the skills of the existing players enough to win some games.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    There are four freshmen on the roster. Walseth signed three of them in the early signing period last November: Nicole Scales, Emily Behnke, and Olivia Skibiel. Coach Collins was hired after the spring signing date and he brought in Ryan Cobbins. Cobbins is in the starting five and has made an impact already. Coach Collins also brought in two transfers: Heaven Hamling from Stephen F Austin and Marie Olson from SMU. They both have to sit out a year due to transfer rules and will be sophomores next season.

I don't see a huge turnaround in year one. Let's hope the coaching staff can improve the skills of the existing players enough to win some games.

Baby steps this year. I did not watch or listen to last nights game but I am planning on attending a few this year. Wish there were more double headers on Saturdays.

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post

The ESPN+ announcers near the end of game said they felt NDSU will win some games in the Summit.