Page 85 of 302 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Fatigue

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

I'm not against FBS. I'd love to see it. I just haven't seen a viable plan on how to pay for it.

Show me how you are going to pay for FBS when you have declining enrollment and no political support and I'll listen. No matter how many times I ask the answers are always the same...either crickets or some pie in the sky nonsense pulled out of where the sun doesn't shine.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    I'm not against FBS. I'd love to see it. I just haven't seen a viable plan on how to pay for it.

Show me how you are going to pay for FBS when you have declining enrollment and no political support and I'll listen. No matter how many times I ask the answers are always the same...either crickets or some pie in the sky nonsense pulled out of where the sun doesn't shine.
    All things most dont u understand. I am also not ant fbs, but if it breaks the Athletic dept and destroys the programs hell no
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Someone else will pay for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    I don't think there are (m)any "never fbs" people on here. Just a lot of cautious people who don't want to jump just for the sake of jumping.

Moving up as an independent would be extremely difficult especially financially. You would have all of the expense of additional scholarships and travel costs, but you wouldn't have any conference money coming in.

As far as I understand it, the NCAA will not just let you create a new conference, even if you can find enough teams willing to join one. So that means that even if the mvfc moved up on unison, they would not be considered a conference. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.

Tldr: very few people are opposed to making the move, but it's not as simple as it seems and will take quite a bit of planning and sustained fundraising to make it feasible.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    There are a lot of words here. You did not belittle Lakes, or call anybody a name, or use a catch phrase like pump it up. You didn't even make a demand or ask for somebody to be banned. I mean, words are important. Use them carefully from now on.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

So fatigued can't even pump it up.

Now that's fatigue.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    There are a lot of words here. You did not belittle Lakes, or call anybody a name, or use a catch phrase like pump it up. You didn't even make a demand or ask for somebody to be banned. I mean, words are important. Use them carefully from now on.
    Your points are valid, but sometimes you gotta fight stupid with stupid.

This is exactly the kind of message board you get when one person is allowed to infect so many threads with incessant bitching and whining. Even the people who are not against moving up get tired of all the constant BS, eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Greta Van Herd View Post
    Your points are valid, but sometimes you gotta fight stupid with stupid.

This is exactly the kind of message board you get when one person is allowed to infect so many threads with incessant bitching and whining. Even the people who are not against moving up get tired of all the constant BS, eventually.
    I'm just having fun. What I find funny is people who can't stand Lakes threads...but then they post in them. If Lakes created a thread, but nobody responded...they would be done. Would be very effective. But he pokes, and everybody has to respond. It is quite funny. He gets what he wants.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

I'm just having fun. What I find funny is people who can't stand Lakes threads...but then they post in them. If Lakes created a thread, but nobody responded...they would be done. Would be very effective. But he pokes, and everybody has to respond. It is quite funny. He gets what he wants.
    Yup. Very... dare I say it... McFeely-ish

This is likely true but then people cant argue there isn't fatigue... each year we go undefeated and win every game by an average of 24 points its gets less and less interesting... We are basically just stuck in this division playing greatly inferior teams. JMU will leave soon too which is the only team to beat us in a game that mattered in a decade.

This year we had the new coach and QB added some intrigue but barring massive injuries or some kind of scandal they will roll the next 3 years.

yes it is fun to talk about something... I mean is there anyone who thinks NDSU might lose this week?