Page 32 of 54 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire vigen save season

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: Fire vigen save season

1. Mess
    2. Carson Wentz
    3. Roehl
    4. Vigen
    5. Polasek

That's my honest opinion not even trying to be a funny man. It was clear when Wentz was gone and Stick didn't have an injured Carson sitting next to TP.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    1. Mess
    2. Carson Wentz
    3. Roehl
    4. Vigen
    5. Polasek

That's my honest opinion not even trying to be a funny man. It was clear when Wentz was gone and Stick didn't have an injured Carson sitting next to TP.
    This is where I think the criticism of Polasek in 2016 is off base. That year they averaged more yards per rush, more yards per pass attempt, and therefore more yards per play than the 2015 team did. Yet they average 5 points less per game and 16 yards less of total offense per game. The difference between the 2016 team and the rest IMO was on defense, specifically on 3rd down. They allowed a 40% 3rd down conversion rate that year which was 13%+ worse than what it was in 2015.

Polasek is the popular scapegoat for the "horrible failure" in 2016 but there's plenty of evidence that shows that problems existed on both sides of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    This is where I think the criticism of Polasek in 2016 is off base. That year they averaged more yards per rush, more yards per pass attempt, and therefore more yards per play than the 2015 team did. Yet they average 5 points less per game and 16 yards less of total offense per game. The difference between the 2016 team and the rest IMO was on defense, specifically on 3rd down. They allowed a 40% 3rd down conversion rate that year which was 13%+ worse than what it was in 2015.

Polasek is the popular scapegoat for the "horrible failure" in 2016 but there's plenty of evidence that shows that problems existed on both sides of the ball.
    How was time of possession and the offenses 3rd down completion %? Those are going to effect the defenses numbers as well. I remember a lot of bubble screens in that loss.

Lardsin must go!

How was time of possession and the offenses 3rd down completion %? Those are going to effect the defenses numbers as well. I remember a lot of bubble screens in that loss.
    Offense was 46% conversion rate which was down slightly from 47% in 2015. Average time of possession was 31:51 which was down pretty sharply from 36:39 in 2015 but that again comes more from the defense than the offense when you look at the spreads between 3rd down conversion rates on each side.

Polasek moved the wrong chess pieces in that loss to JMU but it's tough to win games when you give up 200+ yards rushing (although they did it in the 2012 semis against GSU - still not sure how they managed to win that game looking at the box score of it).

The guy who started the jmu dynasty is at number 2? In all seriousness im actually glad Tyler got to witness Polasek and that they are good friends. Yes it's early but Tyler can learn from the mistakes. TP is not a bad person or position coach. Just not an OC.

And just a little side note but Matt Entz is climbing right up my favorite head coach list as well. Love the things he's saying and what the team is doing. Definitely the right hire.
    Second that. I love CK but ME is really growing on me quickly.

Snowgoose is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What Roehl is doing with a young team is extraordinary. Here is an example. When we have had your freshman QB's they have struggled mightily to find the TE's. This year Roehl has implemented great plays that have allowed the TE's to be wideopen. The mix of play calling has given the young guys a chance to use their talent. He is calling great plays and not making Trey have to sit back read defenses and figure everything out on his own.

Maybe part of the greatness is because of the QB/Assistant head coach, but whatever it is is way better than Vigen. Vigens passing chart had only ten yard out patterns, just kidding sort of.

It is hard for me to decide whether it is the OC or the players or both without being in the OC room, but whatever it is this year is way better than most of Brock's years and way better than Easton's first two years with a young QB.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Seems to me that Roehl is a dynamite play caller. Obviously, more evidence is needed before we can definitely say that he is better or worse than the others. But so far, the early returns show that Roehl is matching, and in some cases, surpassing the most elite offense the Bison have had in the DI era, with outrageously less experienced players. Damn impressive so far.

Polesak gets a bad wrap because he called a HORRIBLE game at Montana (like holy shit bad imho) and we lost the JMU game when we couldnt come back after that pick. Very debatable how much was on the offense and how much was on the defense and how much should be credited the the PREMIER FCS DYNASTY- THE UNSTOPPABLE AND INVINCIBLE JMU DUKES

ME is growing on me big time. CK was a once in a generation person/coach. ME seems to be all that with a more ass-kicking style attitude... which is basically gasoline on a fire for this Bison Fan. two thumbs up
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Seems to me that Roehl is a dynamite play caller. Obviously, more evidence is needed before we can definitely say that he is better or worse than the others. But so far, the early returns show that Roehl is matching, and in some cases, surpassing the most elite offense the Bison have had in the DI era, with outrageously less experienced players. Damn impressive so far.

Polesak gets a bad wrap because he called a HORRIBLE game at Montana (like holy shit bad imho) and we lost the JMU game when we couldnt come back after that pick. Very debatable how much was on the offense and how much was on the defense and how much should be credited the the PREMIER FCS DYNASTY- THE UNSTOPPABLE AND INVINCIBLE JMU DUKES

ME is growing on me big time. CK was a once in a generation person/coach. ME seems to be all that with a more ass-kicking style attitude... which is basically gasoline on a fire for this Bison Fan. two thumbs up
    A couple of other things to keep in mind: 1) when crediting/debiting OC's is remember that Bison signal callers are empowered to call protections and change plays at the LOS and 2) In the loss to JMU our defense was pretty banged up and they were playing without Menard and DeLuca as I recall (not an excuse really but one must wonder how the game might have been different.)

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    1) when crediting/debiting OC's is remember that Bison signal callers are empowered to call protections and change plays at the LOS and 2)
    Which is why I have Carson at number 2. Especially when im seeing the eagles run a play or 2 that I've seen Carson Wentz and TP run allot at NDSU. That gave me the impression maybe that wasn't TPs favorite play maybe Carson was calling that when he saw something. TP installed I'll give him credit.

Lardsin must go!

Which is why I have Carson at number 2. Especially when im seeing the eagles run a play or 2 that I've seen Carson Wentz and TP run allot at NDSU. That gave me the impression maybe that wasn't TPs favorite play maybe Carson was calling that when he saw something. TP installed I'll give him credit.
    Those guys who said you are not observant are so full of it.