Page 118 of 169 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1683

Thread: Summit Expansion?

Default Re: Summit Expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    then NDSU should leave.
    My opinion.... NDSU should explore joining a FBS conference as a football-only member. Leave everything else in the Summit with the regional schools. Several advantages to this idea:

1. keeps costs same for Olympic sports
    2. allows NDSU to see how good it can be
    3. allows an easier path to the ncaa tournament for basketball and more $$$
    4. reduces the barrier of having to raise 10+ million dollars more a year for athletic spending
    5. allows more pay football games which would help fund the transition to FBS. 2 non-conference pay games annually on the road. 2 at home. The road games should pay us more than we would pay for home games
    6. removes the barrier of the FBS conferences from having to justify spending extra money to send all of their athletes to ND

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJD View Post
    You are F'ing high if you think the Summit League is leaving Sioux Falls anytime soon. Book it, take a picture, carve it in stone. They aren't going anywhere.
    Yeah, folks who think, even with St. Thomas coming in, that the tournament will move:

1. Have never looked at a map.
    2. Have never attended.
    3. Have never been to the Denny.
    4. And are high.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Yeah, folks who think, even with St. Thomas coming in, that the tournament will move:

2. Have never attended.
    4. And are high.
    I never said it will, I just know I would attend if it were in a place not called Sioux Falls, nothing there but the bball

Would be much more fun to go to MSP, Denver, KC

That's just me, I'm not going to waste a weekend and PTO to go to SF, and I know for a fact I'm not the only one
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    I never said it will, I just know I would attend if it were in a place not called Sioux Falls, nothing there but the bball

Would be much more fun to go to MSP, Denver, KC

That's just me, I'm not going to waste a weekend and PTO to go to SF, and I know for a fact I'm not the only one
    Woahhh!! Hold on here. SF has a ton to do. The Tourney is usually the first week of March. According to Tripadvisor.com the top 6 attractions are:

1) Fall Park... probably froze over in March
    2) SculptureWalk & Arc of the Dreams - Too cold in March to go to (outside)
    3) Butterfly House & Aquirium
    4) St. Joseph Catherdal - a trendy 10 min look
    5) Sioux Falls Bike Trails - Its March N/A
    6) Washington Pavillion - preforming arts.. kids love dance shows!

Just because I love SF so much I am going to add another.. Check out the Smithfield (former John Morrell hot dog plant).

Here is to having a good time
    "If FBS teams are looking for an FCS cupcake, might I suggest North Dakota instead of North Dakota State." - John Taylor NBC College football talk writer

Went in 2009 to SLT. Since was interested in the whole tournament we actually were in our seats for nearly every single game that year (M&W of all teams). That all said haven't been back, had a 3 month old at the time and before really had a huge interest seems we had kid #2 and now sports and stuff to worry about in the spring. Would like to go back again sometime though but it may be 10 years before that happens...

Quote Originally Posted by Loud and Proud Bison fan View Post
    Woahhh!! Hold on here. SF has a ton to do. The Tourney is usually the first week of March. According to Tripadvisor.com the top 6 attractions are:

Just because I love SF so much I am going to add another.. Check out the Smithfield (former John Morrell hot dog plant).

My great grand parents house was named a monument by the SF historical Society. Its up there by the museum .
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post

2. Have never attended.
    4. And are high.
    I've been there and it should rotate between SF and Minneapolis for the long term health of the league. It won't because SF and Sanford have bought off the league. It is what it is.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Loud and Proud Bison fan View Post

Scarlett's, enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I've been there and it should rotate between SF and Minneapolis for the long term health of the league. It won't because SF and Sanford have bought off the league. It is what it is.
    Don't forget Omaha. Omaha has a great reputation of hosting and supporting NCAA events. College World Series, NCAA BB tournaments, NCAA swimming meets, etc. I'm surprised they haven't put up a stronger bid for the tournament, but I am guessing Sioux Falls puts up a huge bid in order to keep it.

Sioux Falls is a phenomenal host.

So much so, that Prince wrote a song about it.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."