Page 53 of 302 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Iowa St is my Big 12 team oddly enough.

Never had a lot of animus towards UNI either. They played a big part in NDSU's wakeup call to step up at the FCS level.
    I agree with your point about UNI. NDSU adapted a lot of what they were, but made it a big point to do it better.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Iowa St is my Big 12 team oddly enough.

Never had a lot of animus towards UNI either. They played a big part in NDSU's wakeup call to step up at the FCS level.
    Well I feel badly for you that you find the relative dominance boring. To each his own I guess.

NDSU plays by the rules of the division to which they belong just as their opponents do. It seems to me that in nearly all artistic and sporting endeavors (professional too I suppose) there are numerous outstanding exemplars of the pursuit. But there also seem to exist truly phenomenal performers who stand out above the excellent.

If NDSU was using FBS level talent and resources to dominate the FCS I would like you be underwhelmed and/or dissatisfied. But that is not what we have here. What we do have is a collection of people who belong to a program that has found the magic sauce to be able to outperform all challengers over an extended period of time. Even more stunning is that the people continually change, not just at the soldier level but also at the officer level. It is just jaw dropping to me. Excellence is an extremely weak superlative to describe what we enjoy. I will never tire of it but I will most certainly cherish it since I can appreciate how incredibly rare this treat truly is.

Not saying you are wrong to wish for more but don’t cheat yourself out of appreciating what you have.
    Don't believe everything you think.

You certainly go see the Mona Lisa, but do you go see it if you are in the Louvre several times every year?

Watching blowouts gets boring to a lot of people. That's life. At some point you begin to question if it's excellence in action or if one of the teams in the division simply doesnt fit the rest anymore.

Not saying its right or wrong, just a reasonable and common view of things.
    Good thing you're not a Bison fan then, stick with your Notre Dame and watch them lose all you want.

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Tired of winning so easily. Sounds like you should become a UNI or Iowa State fan!
    There is definitely an element of the Harlem Globetrotters here. Not so much this year as I think we'll have 4-5 close games. But I'm not surprised students check out when we get up 28-0. Made no fricken sense why they left early for the Davis game- SMDH

People go to globetrotters games to see sweet dunks and tricks- not to see IF they win.

We are in the globetrotter stage of the dynasty. The element of "Are we gonna win today?!" is minimal. The element of we love this team, love the atmosphere, Love the people, love the game has never been higher. But the uncertainty of "are we gonna win today" is the emotional buy-in that turns casual fans into diehards. We have all been through Decades of gut wrenching football drama and uncertainty. However the gut-wrenching uncertainty and drama has been nearly non existent for the last 4-5 years with the exception of a handful of games.

Dont twist my words to say that I dont think this is exciting, because it is. I'm donating more than ever and seeing more games than ever, and paying more for each game than ever. But its not a mystery as to why there doesnt seem to the unstoppable BUZZ about playing a top 10 game now than in the past. In the past we were favored by 7pts, or even an underdog. Now when a top 5 team comes to town we're favored by 4Tds. I was still excited for it, but the dramatic build up simply is not there when compared to 2011-13ish
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

You certainly go see the Mona Lisa, but do you go see it if you are in the Louvre several times every year?

Watching blowouts gets boring to a lot of people. That's life. At some point you begin to question if it's excellence in action or if one of the teams in the division simply doesnt fit the rest anymore.

Not saying its right or wrong, just a reasonable and common view of things.
    reasonable, rational thought alert. ^^^^

The wolves are going to f*cking wreck you and then claim that your soul is in peril because the student section isnt full always
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    There is definitely an element of the Harlem Globetrotters here. Not so much this year as I think we'll have 4-5 close games. But I'm not surprised students check out when we get up 28-0. Made no fricken sense why they left early for the Davis game- SMDH

People go to globetrotters games to see sweet dunks and tricks- not to see IF they win.

We are in the globetrotter stage of the dynasty. The element of "Are we gonna win today?!" is minimal. The element of we love this team, love the atmosphere, Love the people, love the game has never been higher. But the uncertainty of "are we gonna win today" is the emotional buy-in that turns casual fans into diehards. We have all been through Decades of gut wrenching football drama and uncertainty. However the gut-wrenching uncertainty and drama has been nearly non existent for the last 4-5 years with the exception of a handful of games.

Dont twist my words to say that I dont think this is exciting, because it is. I'm donating more than ever and seeing more games than ever, and paying more for each game than ever. But its not a mystery as to why there doesnt seem to the unstoppable BUZZ about playing a top 10 game now than in the past. In the past we were favored by 7pts, or even an underdog. Now when a top 5 team comes to town we're favored by 4Tds. I was still excited for it, but the dramatic build up simply is not there when compared to 2011-13ish

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post

Doesn't help to have a stadium froze in time with same capacity that is packed with older fans willing to pay high ticket prices and no possibility to bring in new fans who are younger and have more energy.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Doesn't help to have a stadium froze in time with same capacity that is packed with older fans willing to pay high ticket prices and no possibility to bring in new fans who are younger and have more energy.
    Hence why taking a section of EZ seats from the Students and turning them into GA tickets only, selling the week of the game online would help that. Rotating fans, of all ages.

But it will never happen, instead they will take a sideline section, sell them for high dollar and they will sit mostly empty but people can brag they have them
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFan13 View Post
    We let our season tickets go this year. Our two main reasons were the cost of the tickets and the quality of competition. We got tired of watching blowouts each 10 weeks a year. I think we already pay FBS prices so we might as well go FBS. I got an email from U of M this spring and their season tickets are less expensive than NDSU. You can make the debate whether or not NDSU is better than U of M but the Gophers do play better competition. I think the good FCS schools moved up and there are not many replacing them.
    If we were able to go B1G then I agree, let's move up yesterday. However, let's assume that's not going to happen and instead (at best) we end up MWC.

We end up playing teams whose sagarin average team is ranked 82.75

If we end up in the MAC the average team is ranked 111.33

For comparison in the MVFC this year (which is a down year thus far compared to years past) the average team is 126.7

The quality, while slightly better, is still nothing spectacular. Yes, we'd likely get more OOC P5's but not all of them will be bama/clemson/ohio state/Oklahoma/Auburn. We will likely still be playing teams like Connecticut, Rutgers, Kansas, and probably some MVFC/Big Sky teams as well.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think the if FBS did happen regardless of conference affiliation, the B1G and Big 12 would be a given for OOC.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS