Page 36 of 302 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Fatigue

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Lakes is gonna be pissed & call me out on Twitter, but I cannot use (and was unable to sell) my tailgate passes for tomorrow. I'll hold down the fort at the Louisville watch party, but don't worry everyone... I'll be at the next 3, and potentially the next 8.
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    The only fatigue I see is the stalemate of no growth for this program........stuck in FCS and the same size fargodome forever.
    That seems to be the quandary we are in, an FBS caliber team confined to playing in an FCS conference. When I look back, I think of Iowa; when I look forward I think of Oregon. Yes I know, I'm a very spoiled fan.

What upsets me is that I purchased the best available in August and got Section 29 almost highest row up and today there are tickets in 29 that are 15 rows below me, and 5 together at that....that is some BS.

Quote Originally Posted by LongLostAlum View Post
    That seems to be the quandary we are in, an FBS caliber team confined to playing in an FCS conference. When I look back, I think of Iowa; when I look forward I think of Oregon. Yes I know, I'm a very spoiled fan.
    and as a program we are no where near that class. We don't have a 9 figure budget nor a 70,000 seat stadium. We are Boise State, Western Michigan, Georgia Southern.

As a university we are closer in size to St. Cloud State and UW Oshkosh.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Prime Power View Post
    What upsets me is that I purchased the best available in August and got Section 29 almost highest row up and today there are tickets in 29 that are 15 rows below me, and 5 together at that....that is some BS.
    If you bought Jason Aldean tickets yesterday, you may very well get better seats in February when he comes. In some cases, you can get front row seats the day of the show. Seats are held back for a zillion reasons for every event. This isn't NDSU or Fargodome specific. You are buying the best available seat at that time.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Enjoy the glory days of Bison football folks. Top 30 team, any division; players every year off to the NFL to cheer for; a steady stream of top rated second tier recruits to drool over; we get noticed on national media consistently. Top it off with EASY access to seats inside the dome the day before the game against the #4 rated team. Any other fan base would wear a big smile all day long and twice on Sunday, but not on bisonville, lots of gloom and doom. Woe to the Bison...according to bisonville.

Quote Originally Posted by PattyBison View Post
    If you bought Jason Aldean tickets yesterday, you may very well get better seats in February when he comes. In some cases, you can get front row seats the day of the show. Seats are held back for a zillion reasons for every event. This isn't NDSU or Fargodome specific. You are buying the best available seat at that time.
    I ran into this very issue when buying KISS tickets. As a KISS Army member, I had the opportunity to buy tickets two days before they went public. When the pre-sale day arrived, the tickets that were available in the first ten rows were abut $1,000 and had to be bought in pairs. I skipped the pre-sale prices and waited until the prices came down to Earth. They never reached "normal" prices, but within a few weeks of the concert I was able to get a fifth row ticket just under $500, which was about the amount I usually paid for three to four tickets to a KISS concert in the 10 to 15th row. Great concert, but I couldn't afford to bring any friends this time.
    Hail the BISON!!!

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    and as a program we are no where near that class. We don't have a 9 figure budget nor a 70,000 seat stadium. We are Boise State, Western Michigan, Georgia Southern.

As a university we are closer in size to St. Cloud State and UW Oshkosh.
    Please don't compare our program to Western Michigan.

Since the student body predictably sucks, I wonder if we could sell partial season tickets? Everybody knows that we struggle with deer opener, pheasant opener, and against low level MVFC teams to draw students late in the year. Why not just presell those as mini season ticket packages? This year it would be Mo State, WIU, and USD. Obviously exclude the high demand games such as UNI, SDSU, and _ND regardless of when the game is. This way, we could always ensure that 10 and 11 are full. Make them GA so that if the student section is tight a few of them could still squeeze in somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    our FBS analog, Alabama has a student football attendance of about 14% of total seating capacity.

We still have over 20% available student seats. 14% would be around 2600.
    Well look who theyve played. Will be interedting to see after they played their SEC schedule.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Kids are soft these days. I can remember having to walk from a frat house south of campus all the way uphill to the fargodome after a cartoon kegger just to get in line to wait all day to get into the dome. Heck I bet these young whipper snappers don't even chant at the visiting teams number 2 anymore either.

Lardsin must go!