Page 85 of 365 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I'd say 2-3 years. He was on pretty thin ice, so hard to go 5 in my mind.....I just hope he keeps doing whatever clicked for him late this year and keeps killing recruiting.
    Agreed, and I can live with a shorter extension like that. Hopefully he can pick up some steam for next year but I won't excuse the rest of this season because they won the tournament.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I'd say 2-3 years. He was on pretty thin ice, so hard to go 5 in my mind.....I just hope he keeps doing whatever clicked for him late this year and keeps killing recruiting.
    That's only your opinion, mine is much different. Richman was never on thin ice and was getting a long term extension regardless of what happened last night.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRiver View Post
    That's only your opinion, mine is much different. Richman was never on thin ice and was getting a long term extension regardless of what happened last night.
    You are entitled to your opinion, yet I've heard from multiple sources he was in trouble and was trying to figure out what he was going to do if he lost his job.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    What’s funnier: watching the ‘Fire Richman’ group have to explain away winning the championship, or watching the ‘Extend Richman’ group beat their chest about a season where we end up one game above .500 against D1 competition?
    You (and just about everyone else) trying to pretend that you didn't fall into one of the groups.

Got to go three (3) years. Otherwise teams use it against you in recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJD View Post
    Got to go three (3) years. Otherwise teams use it against you in recruiting.
    I can't see more than three, it's not like we were 22-1 or anything like that, we went into the tournament 15-13. Three is fair, added to the one and that makes 4. Way more than enough. I don't think you should ever really go more than that.

No real need either . . . I don't think he will get any big offers and if he does an NDSU contract doesn't really mean much. Locking in longer term is always a bad approach in my opinion. I can't see the benefit in it to tell you the truth unless you are bidding against someone at your level and that isn't the case.

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by RedRiver View Post
    Richman was never close to losing his job no matter what the haters say. You don't fire a quality coach like Richman that has a positive won loss record, multiple tournament appearances and good character kids on the team. Not to forget all of the community involvement.

No, Coach Richman has not run this program into the ground. If anything the program is much stronger. Go Bison!!

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJD View Post
    You (and just about everyone else) trying to pretend that you didn't fall into one of the groups.
    I posted just last night in one of the other threads about what camp I have been in so I’m not pretending anything. It is pretty funny how all of the Richman backers seem to love throwing out personal attacks at everyone that doesn’t agree with them.

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    Richman was never close to losing his job no matter what the haters say. You don't fire a quality coach like Richman that has a positive won loss record, multiple tournament appearances and good character kids on the team. Not to forget all of the community involvement.

No, Coach Richman has not run this program into the ground. If anything the program is much stronger. Go Bison!!
    Disagree on that. Lose to ORU in Round 1 and Saul gets canned at Ohio.....would have made things very very interesting.

Saw this on twitter - Richman is 9-3 in the Summit League Tourney. But he still has a lot to prove?
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.