Page 92 of 145 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Coach Staff Update

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2018 Coach Staff Update

Quote Originally Posted by NEBison View Post
    Where does he do most of his recruiting?
    Blazek's background can give us some clues. He is originally from Kansas and went to a juco there. He played at Iowa and was a grad assistant there. He has also coached in Minnesota (Winona), Illinois (WIU), and NJ (Rutgers). He would seem likely to have contacts in a large portion of our core recruiting areas. Beyond that, recruiting is fundamentally about building relationships. People who can do that easily can adapt to new recruiting territory. Everything I've read and heard about Blazek indicates that he is very good at building relationships.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    catching up....has the WR coach been announced?
    Negative..... possibly N.P.?

With a big WR target on campus this weekend...

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Negative..... possibly N.P.?
    Isn't Coach Entz interviewing possible OFF coaching candidates to fill out positions in San Antonio?

Yeah, Noah Pauley is coming to coach WR. Been the OC at UMD. Just killed it at UMD under his control. I really like this hire.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post
    There should be a book in the library with that information...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't available somewhere online these days.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Our new WR coach was the Offensive Coordinator at UMD, where UND just signed their WR coach from, he was a current Grad Assistant.

Quote Originally Posted by clenz View Post
    Braun was at UNI for two years. Came to UNI after 3 years as a DL coach at UCD.

Lost his job as the DL coach after one year and was moved to special teams and assistant LB coach. He did a good job as a ST coach for is last year. Hard to judge his LB job as that has been Farley and Jeremiah Johnson for 18 years.

He could be a great DC for you guys. Wouldn't shock me.

It does seem like a hell of a promotion for him. Special teams to DC.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    With Bryce Paup coming back, I assume that's why he moved away from the D-line coach? Bryce Paup is a hell of a coach

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Yeah, Noah Pauley is coming to coach WR. Been the OC at UMD. Just killed it at UMD under his control. I really like this hire.
    That's a great hire. Young future offensive coordinator.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Our new WR coach was the Offensive Coordinator at UMD, where UND just signed their WR coach from, he was a current Grad Assistant.
    I assume that’s a shot at Sam King. I was very good friends with Bob and the family. Sam had some great opportunities elsewhere if he wanted but wanted to come back to UND where he was a GA and had a relationship with the staff.

Also, ask the new WR coach what he thought of him and his potential as a college coach. He’d maybe tell you Sam did a better job as GA working with WRs than Pauly did just a few years ago.